A little shopping

Hawks handed Ten to you and took the bag and pamphlets from your hands. The three of you left the hospital room and moved towards the exit. "Uh oh " he said as he stopped.

"What? Did you forget something?" You asked as you turned back towards the room.

"No it's just...I guess word got out that you and I are here together. Guess those fans from earlier didn't keep it quiet."

You turned to look outside the glass doors and saw hundreds of reporters, most armed with microphones and cameras, waiting to get a shot of you and Hawks and Ten and twist the story to their liking. You instinctively wrapped your wings around yourself and hid your face. "What are we gonna do?" you mumbled quietly to yourself.

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Hawks POV

I watched as (Y/n) wrapped her wings around herself again. I wanted to help her so bad in that moment. But I don't know what I could do.

"If I go out by myself first I can distract the reporters while she flies off with Ten. But they probably wouldn't fall for that if they're all here for the both of us.."

I racked my brain trying to think of ways that would get us out of here without alerting the media. An then it hit me. I grabbed (Y/n)'s hand and pulled her towards the elevator. "Hawks, where are we going?" she asked confused.

"If we cant go through them, we'll go over them." I replied giving her a mischievous smile.

Her face filled with confusion as she tried to understand what I meant. The elevator doors opened and I lightly pushed her and Ten inside. I hit the button for the roof top and waited patiently as we rode upwards.

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Your POV

"Hawks are you sure we can be up here?" you asked worriedly.

Hawks had brought you up to the rooftop where the helipad was located.

"Isn't this an employee or Officials area only?"

"We're Pro-Hero's angel! We're Officials in another sense so it's fine!" Hawks called back as he approached the edge of the building.

He looked over the edge at the reporters down below and nodded his head in approval. "They won't be able to see us from up here for sure." he said as he turned to you and held out his hand.

You hesitated slightly and looked down at Ten. At that point it was about 9PM and he was getting sleepy. "We have to get some stuff for Ten first" you said as you finally took Hawks outstretched hand.

He smiled lovingly and walked you to the edge. He squeezed your hand and gave you a look that asked 'Are you ready?'. You nodded at his silent question and you both got your wings ready. Taking a step back, you both flew up and through the sky, headed towards whatever your lives brought next.

You touched down outside of the mall and gave Hawks a confused look. "Well you said we needed to buy some stuff for Ten. The mall has a few nice baby stores that should still be open." he said checking the time.

"Yeah but I don't have that much money on me." you replied back as you adjusted your hold in Ten who had fallen asleep during his flight here.

"That's fine. I'll pay for everything!" he said as he whipped out his credit card.

Your eyes widened at his words. "No I can't have you do that! Remember what I said about being in debt to people? If I let you buy all his stuff, I'll really be in debt to you." you said frantically.