Warm and Fuzzy

Miss me my loves?
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Your POV

Strong hands made their way beneath your body before you felt yourself slowly being lifted off the couch. Your eyes opened for a mere second and made out the blurry mass of Hawks above you. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" He asked as your eyes automatically shut again.

"No, it's okay." you groggily replied back.

"I was just gonna take you up to your room to sleep some more."

"What time is it now?"

"3:43am"

"Fucking hell..."

"I know. I woke up because I heard Ten fussing and thought it would be good to take you up to your room."

You smiled and reached your arms up and around his neck. You could feel his body tense for a second before relaxing again. "Thank you." you mumbled into his shoulder.

You heard him sigh softly and felt him move towards the stairs. It had been a long time since you'd been carried to bed. The memories of falling asleep on the couch as a child and being taken to your bed by your dad played in your head like a projector behind your eyelids.

How you missed him and the way he held you close.

You heard the sound of a door opening and seconds later felt your back hit the bed. You dropped your arms from around Hawks neck and immediately rolled over into a more comfortable position. The feeling of warmth on your cheek made you crack an eye open. The light from the hallway spilled into the room just enough to where you could see Hawks silhouette.

He grazed your cheek with his thumb, like he was wiping away tears that had fallen. Before you could think anything else, you reached out and grabbed his wrist. This surprised him, as you immediately felt him try and pull his hand free. "Lay down" you whispered innocently.

Silence responded. You felt his pulse quicken.

"Please?" you added.

Silence responded again. You were about to give up and let go when you heard a whisper of an answer. So quiet, that if you had not been waiting for it you would have missed it.

"Okay."

You slowly loosened your hold on his wrist. "Okay, I'll scoot over" You said as you started to scoot away from the sides of the bed. The sound of foot steps moving away from the bed stopped you. You heard the door shut, and you heart sank.

But then you heard footsteps again, coming back to you. You dove under the covers quickly, just as the thought of your request finally reached your brain.

You had asked Hawks to get into bed with you.

And he was. You felt the bed sink under his weight and the feeling of him lifting the covers over his body.

Then there was stillness. Stillness and the sound of your heart beating. You had not planned on what to do if he were to actually get onto the bed. Half of you thought he would just tuck you in and leave like a gentlemen. But the other half knew he would do it. Not because he wanted to, but because you asked him to.

You finally opened your eyes fully and saw that Hawks honey eyes, which seemed to glow in the darkness, we're already locked onto yours. The way he stared at you, as if he were staring into you, made your heart flutter. He reached his hand out again and cupped your cheek, his fingers tangling in your hair that fell by your ear.

"Let's get some sleep, hm?" he said.

You nodded gently, too afraid a more vigorous movement would break the connection between your pupils. Hawks gently began to move his hand down. First to your neck, then your shoulder, then down your arm until he reached your hand. He gently took it in his and squeezed.

He closed his eyes and you did the same. And in that moment there was peace. No racing heart beat, no awkward tension. Just two people, sharing a bed, enjoying each others warmth as they dozed off to sleep.