White wings

You sat on the edge of a building when a gust of wind blew through your (H/c) hair. You shivered slightly and hugged your arms. Your hero suit didn't do much in keeping you warm. "A little chilly there are ya?" chirped a honey dipped voice.

You turned your head to see Hawks with his hands in his pocket, taking a seat beside you and dangling his legs over the edge. "Just a tad." you said rubbing your hands over your arms.

"How about I offer you my jacket? Hate to leave a lady out in the cold, especially one as cute as you." he said with a smirk.

You felt your face heat up and turned away to hide the rosy tint appearing on your cheeks. You were ecstatic when you heard you would be doing patrols with Hawks this evening, seeing as how you've idolized him most of your career. You knew he was cute and flirty, but you weren't expecting him to be so bold from the get go. "So that a no?" he chirped again teasingly when he noticed you had hidden you face.

"My parents taught me to never be indebted to others and to get through any problem on my own" you explained quietly.

Hawks let out a laugh that made you blush harder. "I'm just being a gentleman. No need to think you'd have to be in debt to me" he said in his honey sweet voice. "Since this is our first official meeting, let's do some introductions."

You nodded and turned towards him. "My hero name is Seraphim. I've been a hero for about 2 years now and my quirk is multiplication and manipulation." you said bashfully.

Hawks eyebrow raised slightly when he heard your quirk. "Can you elaborate?" he asked intrigued.

"Basically put, I can multiply myself however many times I want. I once multiplied up to 25 times in a villain take down a while ago" you said has you recalled the memory of the poor villains face when he found himself surrounded by you.

"The drawback with the multiplication is that any damage done to the duplicates will reflect onto me once I get rid of them. So say one of my duplicates gets injured in the arm or something. The damage and injury won't appear on my body right away but once I get rid of her, the wound will be on my body."

"Oh. And what about the manipulation?"

"Well, more specifically put, I can make illusions. I can make myself look like someone else or I can make someone see, touch, smell, or taste something. I think it pairs well with my multiplication trick." you said proudly.

"But the drawback of it is that it takes a lot of energy out of me. If I use it for even just a minute I have to sleep for at least 3 hours to regain my energy. So I tend to only use it when there's no other options left."

You met Hawks eyes and they were sparkling with joy. "Those are so cool!" he exclaimed. "Well the drawbacks aren't cool but y'know what I mean. All my quirk gave me was these wings." he said plucking a feather.

"But a hidden talent I'm proud of, is that I'm really good at making girls blush" he said as he twirled his feather between his fingers, giving you a side eye glance and a smirk.

You looked down towards the ground and scanned the area, avoiding eye contact with the man next to you. "What else did your parents teach you?" he asked after a while.

You turned to look at him, confusion written all over your face. Seeing that look he shrugged his shoulders and kicked his legs. "Just trying time get to know you more. We might be here for a while."

You thought long and hard through your childhood. Recalling moments in time when your parents scolded you for your mistakes and when they praised you for your successes. "I was taught a valuable lesson on always checking if the sliding glass backdoor was open or not before trying to walk through it" you said giggling slightly.

You heard Hawks trying to hold back his laughter at the image of a young you walking into a glass door. "My parents were really upset about it. I was holding a cup when I hit the door and fell backwards. The contents of the cup spilling all over the freshly mopped floors."

Hawks fell backwards at your words and couldn't contain his laughter anymore. You were a bit angry that he was laughing so much at one of your most embarrassing moments, but it made you happy you could make him laugh. He regained his composure and wiped a fake tear from his eye. "That was a good one, Seraphim."

You felt a smile creep onto your face when he said your name. Guess it was pretty obvious because Hawks eyes lingered on your face. "What did your parents teach you?" you asked trying to keep the conversation going.

His smile disappeared from his face and was replaced with a solemn look. "Let's not talk about that now" he said quietly.

"Fuck...I just had to go and ask"

You opened your mouth to apologize but a scream was heard from below. You and Hawks looked down towards the street and saw a lady being forcibly dragged into an alleyway. Realizing this situation could escalate further you quickly stood up.

Hawks stared confusingly at you as you brought your hands together behind your back and stretched. You rolled your shoulders back and around until a pair of wings popped out of your back. The pure white set stunned Hawks.

"Those are the most beautiful wings Ive ever seen"

Before he could make a comment you angled your wings and took off towards the streets below, Hawks following close after, a wide grin on his face.

"I don't know who she is, but I like her already."