❁ Engagement Party ❁

⬆️Severin & Serayah

🎶 I need a girl to ride, ride, ride
I need a girl to make my wife🎶

Chapter One

I need a girl to ride, ride, ride
I need a girl to make my wife
I need a girl who's mine oh mine
I need a girl in my life

DeVante was at home, just getting ready for K-Ci's engagement party.

That was what his bedroom had looked like as of right now

The song I Need A Girl was playing through the radio because he was listening to an old school radio station, plus it was relatable to him anyway.

Because he was getting married in a few weeks' time, K-Ci kind of wanted to do something special to celebrate this occasion.

Before the wedding.

All of his friends and family members (he liked) were invited, especially Jodeci. It wouldn't have felt right not to invite them.

After he had gotten ready, DeVante was getting ready for his sisters Aaliyah and Estelle to do the same thing, and right now he was on his phone browsing Instagram.

DeVante wasn't really one to bother about social media like that, only getting it in the first place because of the rest of Jodeci.

They had kept on pressuring him to get one because all of them had it. And at first DeVante didn't want to because he was easily deceived online.

But, chicks don't romance me, don't tickle my fancy
Only Tiffany, Nancy, that's not what my plans be
I need a girl that could stand me, raise me a family
Go to trips to Delancey, trip to the Grammy's

Everybody in Jodeci had a girlfriend or were married except from DeVante, so he had seriously felt as though he was missing out on something really important.

A lot of people had pressured him to have the same thing, which DeVante didn't listen to at first, that was until he had realised that yeah.

They were right.

A fortune cookie the other day had told him that he would have met a wife.

That was three years ago... DeVante was still waiting for this wife to come.

He was twenty seven, in a famous boy group and he still had no girlfriend or wife.

He had face desked himself as he had groaned to himself at the same time.

The girls that DeVante was interested in either:

- didn't like him back
- were stuck up
- had died or were famous

DeVante had liked them when they were still alive of course, after all, why should he have fawned over a dead person?

- they were nice but they didn't want a relationship

And quite frankly, he was done.

Screaming at his sisters to hurry up, DeVante had then gone on Instagram.

Sometimes Instagram would have solved his problems.

Sometimes they would have caused it.

Today it did the latter.

As DeVante had browsed on Instagram, he had come across this picture of his friends Severin and Serayah who had gone to the same university as him... until they had graduated a few years back.

They had all become friends whilst doing the same course at university, aka medicine.

Severin was from Seychelles whilst Serayah was from Sierra Leone instead. They had been together for two years. They were literally couple goals.

Both of them were 25 and they were happily in love... unlike DeVante here.

He frowned, even more so as he had read the caption.

"You've got to be kidding me!"

As he had said that, that was when Aaliyah had walked inside of the room, wanting to know what was up with him.

She had had trouble fixing her dress, which she had first asked Estelle for help with.

She couldn't do it, so Aaliyah had therefore turned to her parents instead.

"What's up with you?"

DeVante wasn't normally this cranky but this was absolutely ridiculous.

Severin had his arms around Serayah as they had posed right in front of the mirror.

But that wasn't the problem.

The caption was the problem.

When he had shown the picture to Aaliyah, she really didn't see what the huge deal was.

"Severin just has his arms around his girlfriend. I don't see what wrong with that. That's so cute."

"Read the caption."

So she read it.

The photo was posted two hours ago with already 13K likes and 2K comments, Severin had quite a lot of followers.

Guess what, y'all?
Serayah and I are going Paris this week!
Can't wait xx

"They went to Argentina last month." DeVante had explained to her as she had handed the phone back to him. "Now Paris? Jesus. They must be as rich as hell."

They were in San Diego right now, and they had all lived there for almost a decade now.

"I just don't understand how they can have the money for all of this, it just doesn't make any sense."

Aaliyah had just warned DeVante that things weren't always as it had seemed online.

Plus he didn't even know these people so therefore comparing himself to them was pointless.

"I do know them. We went to the same university. University of Michigan. Like Tia and Tamera did in Sister, Sister." DeVante had disagreed. "I just wish my future relationship is as flawless as theirs. They never argue."

He knew that because Estelle was more or less obsessed with that show.

Plus Severin and/or Serayah had always seemed happy on Instagram.

Exactly. That word had really changed everything. Seemed.

They weren't always because real relationships weren't perfect and perfect ones weren't real either.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

"Either way. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes. And Jesus Christ. You're 27, DeVante. At this point you don't want a girl. You need a girl. You get where I'm coming from?"

He did.

But they didn't have any time to waste, so therefore DeVante had switched off the radio as they had gone to K-Ci's engagement party together.

That was the first chapter y'all! It will get longer don't worry! :) hope you enjoyed xx