❁ Right Now I've Been Down And Lonely ❁

Not me changing the chapter title like 20 times. I can be so indecisive sometimes chilé

🎶 But every time
I think about your pretty smile
And how we used to drive the whole city wild 🎶

Chapter Thirty One

Serayah had died in April and by the time Severin was out of jail, it was August 24th.

He didn't want anyone to have the funeral without him, also requesting that people had worn turquoise at the funeral instead of black because that was Serayah's favourite colour.

When it was closer to the funeral date, both of Serayah's parents had flown from their holiday back to San Diego, with no one knowing that Severin was guilty for it.

Serayah's funeral had taken place in the church that Severin and Layla Grace had gone to — with Layla Grace also not knowing that Severin was guilty for this.

He just wasn't ready to tell her anything, and when Layla had asked people where Severin was as she hadn't seen him in a long time, they told her:

He got arrested because there was a terrorist attack in the room we were in, DeVante had lied to her. The real terrorists had gotten away whilst the police had arrested Severin instead as we were trying to escape.

But Severin's not guilty so why was he okay with getting arrested?

When he tried to defend himself, the police didn't want to hear it, Jordan Francis had added: this conversation was back in May. They also said no one could visit him and he was coming out the day before Serayah's funeral.

They didn't want to tell her the truth because losing Serayah and having her brother in jail at the same time was too much for anyone to handle.

And Severin being responsible for him being in jail, despite the rest of them telling Layla Grace otherwise?

Nah, Layla Grace wasn't ready for that.

Alicia Keys was currently finishing up singing the lyrics to her song Girl Can't Be Herself, and she was the guest singer for the funeral.

Other songs sung by her today (her song or not) had included We Need A Resolution by Aaliyah, with DeVante rapping Timbaland's part, I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy, Back To Black by Amy Winehouse and then some.

Alicia was also at the retreat signing autographs, with Severin wanting DeVante, Solana, Katari and Jordan Francis to somehow get Alicia to sing at the funeral as she was one of Serayah's favourite singers when she was still alive.

This was all said before he had gone to jail.

'Cause when a girl can't be herself no more
I just wanna cry, I just wanna cry for the world
When a girl can't be herself no more
I just wanna cry, I just wanna cry for the world

People had clapped for Alicia as she had finished the song, then she had made an announcement.

"That was my song Girl Can't Be Herself," she had explained to the crowd, wearing all turquoise, or something close to turquoise if they didn't have anything in that specific colour.