❁ I Thought I Had This Under Control ❁

This book will probably have 45 chapters, if not then slightly less.

🎶 I need a girl who's mine, all mine
I need a girl in my life 🎶

Chapter Thirty Eight

It was the day before DeVante and Solana's wedding, aka January 16th and they were just signing their pre nup.

Pre nups were supposed to be done weeks if not months before a wedding but DeVante and Solana were kind of out of money at the moment, especially how Solana was behind on bills so they couldn't really have done anything sooner.

It was like studying for an important exam days if not hours before. It wasn't really ideal at all, unless someone had a good excuse on why.

Solana's wedding dress fit was even yesterday. The dress was too big for her but because she was famous, she therefore got some special treatment.

"And signed!"

DeVante had signed it ages ago. Solana was just a slow reader.

Her adopted daughter Ezinné was with her as well because she was having a play date with Estelle, despite their six years age difference.

Being a funeral director got way too depressing for Enrique so now he was a wedding director instead.

"Y'all are lucky you're famous. 'Cause if you weren't then there's no way I would accept a pre nup being the day before the wedding."

He had gone after that, with Solana breathing a sigh of relief when that was over.

She had been divorced with Jordan Francis for five months and they didn't look back on that at all.

Ironically Jordan Francis and Katari too were getting married, but none of them were really aware of this, just like how they weren't aware of DeVante and Solana's wedding.

"Baby, I can't believe we're getting married!"

Ezinné couldn't believe that they were getting married either.

DeVante couldn't believe it either but now that they were actually getting married, for some reason he felt as though he wasn't ready for it yet.

It had just lowkey seemed like too much responsibility, aka something he didn't really have.

Just earlier this week, DeVante had completely forgotten to pick up his sister Estelle from this after school club because he had gone to the cinemas with Severin.

He had beaten himself up so much after that especially how he got in trouble by his mum, making him down in the dumps all week.

When DeVante had heard that though, he fake smiled, which became a frown after.

Luckily the two of them had known each other well enough to be able to identify when a smile was fake or real.

"You okay, D?"

"I don't know, Solana. Don't you think we're kind of rushing into this? I thought I had this under control but now I'm not so sure anymore."