❁ It Is Just Me? Or Did You Order A Thorny Tree ❁

Last chapter. It may be shorter than usual but hope you enjoy regardless.

Chapter Forty Two / Epilogue

DeVante and Solana's wedding had gone great.

At first.

Right now, like with Jordan Francis and Katari, they had just said their vows to each other.

As Enrique was hosting their wedding, somebody else was hosting theirs, and it was someone more professional too because Enrique didn't ask anyone if they had objected to the wedding before they had said I do.

And no one had even noticed this because they were just too hyped about the wedding.

"Now before DeVante and Solana begin to say I do to each other, is there anyone out there that objects to them being married? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

No one had said anything for a while, with both of them smiling.

Until...

Jordan Francis' mother Acacia had walked in, saying that she had objected to the wedding.

Her husband Raymond and her sister Ariella didn't know she had snuck off here because they were too busy enjoying Jordan Francis and Solana's wedding to notice.

Regardless of how badly it went.

Acacia was wearing this today:

Kind of looking like this was all planned, because it was

When she had said that she had objected to the wedding, everyone had looked at her, with Solana groaning.

They had gotten along although ever since  she had divorced Jordan Francis and the other way around, Acacia inevitably wasn't the nicest person to her.

"You know her?"

DeVante didn't know Jordan Francis' parents like that, as far as he was concerned, he had never met them before.

They weren't at Serayah's funeral because to be fair they didn't know her like that.

"Yeah, she hates me. Absolutely hates me. I'm the reason Jordan Francis filed for a divorce even though I was the one that had asked him for a break."

Not just that but Acacia had completely ruined the dinner party when Solana had come over to Jordan Francis' house for the first time.

When they were still together anyway.

That was like seven months ago though. So why she was still holding grudges against that, DeVante didn't know.

And neither did Solana either by the looks of things.