❁ Making Things Right Tonight ❁

🎶 I need a girl to ride, ride, ride
I need a girl to make my wife 🎶

Chapter Thirty Nine

"This is a bad idea."

Forget that.

This was a very bad idea.

"Will you stop saying that, dang it?" K-Ci had said to Dalvin on the other end of the phone as he was trying to call DeVante.

He had gotten a new phone number yesterday and right now he was calling DeVante because he truly wanted to apologise to him. 

DeVante and the rest of Jodeci too for that matter had had a falling out seven months ago because DeVante had said that they had put their relationships ahead of him.

Only for Dalvin to rudely and annoyingly say:

I mean, what do you expect, bro?

We're all in a relationship or married here except from you. And maybe if you had a girl too then you'd understand but you'd probably never get one.

Then they had gotten in a huge fight only for DeVante to knock K-Ci out instead of Dalvin.

They had waited this long for them to get back to him because DeVante had legitimately blocked all of them on everything though they didn't exactly blame him at the same time.

K-Ci and Jojo didn't blame him anyway. Dalvin believed that he had started all of this.

Either way, K-Ci had told them that when his contract had ended and he had gotten a new phone then he would have called DeVante to apologise.

"What makes you think DeVante wants to talk to you? Not even that but what makes you think he still cares about or remembered what happened?"

K-Ci just side eyed him, not saying anything.

All this time DeVante was trying to talk to them on the phone but they didn't even notice because they were too busy talking to each other instead.

K-Ci freaked when he had seen this.

DeVante: Hellloooo? Anyone there? For like the ten millionth time now.

K-Ci: Dang, DeVante. Didn't even realise you picked up! I was just so busy talking to Dalvin that—

DeVante: That you completely forgot I existed. Ain't the first time this has happened. Anyway, why'd you call? And if you came to apologise, why this late?

What did he mean why this late?

Dalvin: Dude, you lowkey blocked us on everything. Instagram, Whatsapp, Snapchat, you name it. And K-Ci's phone contract was the first one to run out so he said that when he got a new phone, he'd call you.

K-Ci: Glad your phone number is still the same even after seven months. Anyways yeah, we're really sorry over what happened. Even if realistically speaking you should be the one apologising. I mean, you almost hospitalised me.