❁ The Feud To End All Feuds ❁

🎶 I need a girl to ride, ride, ride
I need a girl to make my wife 🎶

Chapter Twenty Three

Morning soon came and Katari was greeted by Solana in the kitchen.

Even though Severin had told her that he had hidden her Chardonnay, she had soon realised that he had been lying.

"Really?" She asked, folding her arms slowly. "Because I didn't eavesdrop much but on the way here, I heard you saying that you were going to be in a lot of trouble by me if I found out about something."

That was the only thing she had heard.

What now?

DeVante and Severin were arguing over what they should have told her, and Severin had luckily thought of another lie.

"Yeah, you know that Chardonnay you like? I kept some in my room so you don't get addicted," he fibbed. "You said I should refill your cup with Chardonnay like 10 times yesterday."

Yeah, right.

That didn't happen.

Which got Solana thinking about what they were really talking about.

This happened all night and it had been bothering her. It had been bothering her so much that Katari had asked questions.

She was making toast and spreading butter when Solana had arrived.

She had looked like she had been freaking out about something, and she had.

If Jordan Francis had found out about her late nights with Severin then she was kind of done for.

Same with Severin if Jordan Francis had found out that he had been dreaming about his wife.

In other words Jordan Francis was (to an extent) the root of all their problems.

"You okay?" Katari had asked her when she had looked seemingly distraught about something.

Solana shook her head.

"What's wrong?"

"I think Severin and DeVante were talking badly about me behind my back," she explained, sighing. "I don't know what they were saying but I heard Severin say that if I found out about something, then Severin would get in trouble by me."

Then this led to overthinking.

Solana hadn't done something wrong to Severin, had she?

Actually she kind of had.

"You've been spending late nights in the sitting room with—"

Before Katari could have said Severin's name, Solana had covered her mouth and told her to shush with a finger to her lips.