𝗬𝟯: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰 - The Tour

"𝙲𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑 𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚝."

ℂ𝕣𝕦𝕤𝕙 ℂ𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 - ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕟 𝔾𝕣𝕒𝕪

"Let the feast begin!"

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

After all the first years were sorted Y/N saw Dumbledore make his way out of his Headmaster chair to the front of the students. 

"Welcome!" he shouted cheerfully. Y/N could see the countless candles lit around the hall. She looked up and saw that the ceiling was enchanted to look like a beautiful night sky. 

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to tell you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it is best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast...." 

Surrounding students rolled their eyes and groaned. After a long train ride and a dementor attack, all Y/N wanted to do was eat.

"As you will be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban who are here on Ministry of Magic business," he continued. 

Y/N's head started to spin slightly. Those terrifying creatures were going to be around her school? And what "Ministry Business" is he referring to.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds, and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises---or even Invisibility cloaks.

"I, therefore, warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses." Y/N shuddered at her new Professors words. She snuck a glance at the Gryffindor table and she and Harry exchanged a nervous look. 

Dumbledore cleared his throat and started cheerfully, "On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Arts teacher." 

Not many students knew of the name so there were scattered claps, however, Y/N, Harry, Ron, and Hermione clapped lengthily for the fact that he had helped them in the train compartment. 

Compared to the other teachers Professor Lupin looked very out of place. His robes were old and torn compared to the other prominent teachers who were dressed in neat robes. 

Y/N noticed a teacher with pale skin and black hair, that looked rather greasy, look unamused at the news. He seemed to loath the new teacher with the piercing stare he was giving him. 

"And for the second new teacher," Dumbledore started up again, "Well I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs."

Y/N had to stop herself from laughing. She had always had a bad habit of laughing at the wrong time when things might not have been amusing to everyone else. 

"However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gatekeeping duties."

The particularly large man Y/N had seen outside with the glistening kind eyes stood up. A huge amount of cheers came from the golden trio at the Gryffindor table while Malfoy sitting to Y/N's left groaned.