𝗬𝟰: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰𝟭 - The Second Task

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍, 𝚋𝚘𝚢."

𝟙 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕, 𝟛 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕡𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 - 𝕆𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕒 ℝ𝕠𝕕𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕠

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

Harry and Ron watched as the two girls left before returning back to the books they were sifting through.

They thought it would send a message for Mad-Eye Moody to go away but he only lurked behind them. 

"Longbottom!" He suddenly shouted, causing Neville to peek his head out from where he was behind the bookcases. "Why don't you help Potter put his books back. Weasley, come with me."

Ron gave Harry a panicked look, before clambering after the limping teacher. 

Sighing, Harry stacked his books and gave Neville an awkward smile that involved no teeth, before getting up to return his books. 

"Y'know," Neville started, "If you're interested in plants, you'd be better off with Gobshawk's Guide to Herbology. Do you know there's a wizard...in Nepal...growing gravity-resistant trees?"

"Neville," Harry said annoyed, "No offense, but I really don't care about plants."

Neville's face sunk as he turned back to trying to help Harry with his books. 

"Not if there's a...Tibetan Turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour then great..but otherwise..."

"I don't know about turnip," Neville said, his face lighting up, "but you can always use Gillyweed." 

Harry looked at him intrigued. 

"Gillyweed?" Harry asked. 

"Yeah, it should help you breathe underwater for an amount of time," Neville said.

"And where would one find Gillyweed?" Harry asked. 

"I'm sure Professor Snape has some," Neville suggested. 

"I'm also sure he won't be delighted to give it to me," Harry said thoughtfully.

"I'll get it to you then," Neville said. 

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

"Bets? Any Bets?" Fred and George were shouting, while they walked the opposite way of the crowd. 

It was the day of the second task and the three schools had gathered in their coats and hats to watch at the Black Lake.

"Step up mates, don't be shy!" the twins continued. 

"Three lads!"

"One lady!"

"Four go down!"

"But do four come up?"

Ginny who was walking to the task with a certain blonde-haired Ravenclaw she fancied walked right in between the boys banging into their shoulders.

"Don't be so mean," she scolded before taking Luna's side again and going to the lake. 

"You sure about this Neville?" Harry asked as he and Neville made their way to the task.