𝗬𝟰: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟵 - Mr. "Perfectly Fine". Or Is He?

"𝙷𝚘𝚠'𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎?"

𝕄𝕣. ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕝𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕖 - 𝕋𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕠𝕣 𝕊𝕨𝕚𝕗𝕥

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

The start of the new term meant people were back to the chaotic mindset of schoolwork and teachers were back to assigning loads of homework.

Students had dwelled happily on the events of the Yule Ball, but now that it was behind them, racing to classes, and getting ready for the next task was on everyone's mind. 

Well, most. 

Y/N had spent most of the rest of Christmas break in her dorm. 

Not crying over a boy as most people would expect, but thinking. Replaying all her times with Harry over and over in her head wondering when she had mixed up their platonic relationship for a romantic one. 

'It was nothing'

To her, it wasn't. How did she confuse a dance on the astronomy tower for something more?

Because of that night, she looked at everything differently.

Because of that night, she let hope in.

She's never closed that door so quick.

'No one said it meant I liked you!'

But that wasn't true.

Everyone told her it meant something. They put it in her head that the great epic love story she had read about was in front of her.

Obviously, everyone was just as oblivious as her.

The worst part was, she still didn't hate him.

He ruined her night. He ruined everything.

But she obviously still cared for him.

Maybe she had asked for too much.

They were perfectly fine as just friends.

Weren't they?

Harry had tried to talk to her after the ball, but she couldn't even find comfort in his presence anymore.

She had found a way around having any contact with him, and Harry tried to come up to her but she always just walked away. The anger, the embarrassment, was all she could feel when she looked at him. 

Soon enough, he gave up trying. 

But after Christmas break, life returned to normal. At least for everyone else. 

Their worlds didn't stop just because Y/N Sinclair and Harry Potter weren't speaking. 

Y/N liked having a tough exterior. That's why when Hermione, Ron, and Harry had seen her cry over the summer it was such a surprise. She was the one who made sure anyone else who was crying felt their feelings. She took a different approach with herself. 

So, after what had been said at the Yule Ball, and after Christmas break, she pushed everything away. 

 She moved on from the raven-haired boy.

Or at least pretended to.

She pretended that her heart didn't skip a beat every time she saw him.

She pretended that every time she saw his emerald green eyes it didn't send her stomach into an eruption of butterflies.

She pretended that she had grown numb to people disappointing her in her life, but the truth was all her feelings were still there.