𝗬𝟯: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟯 - A Dementors Kiss

"𝚂𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚎, 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎."

𝕄𝕪 𝔹𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 - 𝔼𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘

"You really thought I was going to let you die alone, Harold,"

(A/N: This chapter is hella long I apologize in advance <3)

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

Getting back down the tunnels was even stranger than getting into the Shrieking Shack in the first place. 

Snape was being levitated by Sirius, using Snape's wand. Snape kept hitting the walls with how creepily he was being dragged and Sirius was making no effort to prevent it. 

As Y/N and Harry came up behind the crowd, Y/N decided to move ahead with Hermione and Lupin so Harry could stay in the back with Sirius. 

She gave Harry a small smile before grinning at Sirius and heading slightly ahead to walk behind Ron, Lupin, and Pettigrew who were chained together, and walk next to Hermione. 

"You know what this means?" Sirius asked Harry. "Turning Pettigrew in?"

"You're free," Harry said.

"Yes...." Sirius paused for a moment. "But I'm also...I don't know if anybody told you but.....I'm your godfather." 

"Yeah, I knew that," Harry said. 

"Well, your parents made me your guardian...if anything happened to them," Sirius started. 

Harry perked up. He looked at Sirius hopefully but waited for him to finish his sentence. 

"I'll understand, of course, if you wanted to stay with your aunt and uncle," Sirius said. "But well....think about it. Once my name's cleared.....if you wanted a......different home."

"What live with you?" Harry asked. "Leave the Dursleys?"

"Of course I thought you wouldn't want to," Sirius said quickly trying to hide his embarrassment. "I understand, I just thought that-"

"Are you insane?" Harry exclaimed. "Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can I move in!"

Sirius looked at him to read his expression. In the process, he banged Snape's head against the wall but he didn't care. 

"You want to? You mean it?" 

"Yeah, I mean it!" Harry said excitingly. 

Sirius broke into a huge smile. The first smile Harry had seen that resembled the man he saw in his parent's photograph book. 

After that, the group walked through the tunnels in comfortable silence. Harry's head was spinning too fast to have a conversation. The thought of finally being able to leave the Dursleys made him the happiest he'd been all day. 

Crookshanks made his way out of the tunnel first and prodded the knot because when Y/N emerged, the tree was still. 

Everyone climbed out safely until a light illuminated the group. The moonlight had engulfed the grounds, now that the clouds had moved. 

Sirius stopped abruptly. He flung out an arm signaling Y/N, Harry, and Hermione to not go any further. 

Y/N looked at Sirius quizzically until she noticed Lupin. He was shaking and was frozen in the pale moonlight.