𝗬𝟰: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟴 - The Yule Ball

"𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝."

𝔽𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 - ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤

A/N: My dumbass forgot to tell yall I aged Romilda up a year. She's in Ginny and Luna's year.

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

The days leading up to the Yule Ball were filled with anticipation and excitement making most people forget about the end-of-term homework they had to complete. 

However, with Y/N and Harry, everything seemed...off.

Y/N didn't exactly know why. Despite her being convinced what happened on the Astronomy tower was a fluke, and the fact that she was couldn't help feeling jealous over the sight of Romilda and Harry together she still made an effort to not let that get in the way of their friendship. 

Harry felt differently. 

He barely talked to her and for some reason, it seemed like he was more pissed than she was about the Yule Ball situation. 

When Y/N sat down at the Gryffindor table the day after she had accepted Adrian's invitation Harry refused to even look her in the eye. Hermione was too busy with her book and Ron gave Y/N a partly sympathetic look like he was longing to tell her something but couldn't. 

With everything going on, she couldn't even enjoy dress shopping with Hermione in Hogsmeade. She looked on their racks but none of the dresses made her excited. Hermione thought Y/N was projecting her feelings on how going to the ball with Adrian wasn't exactly her "dream" onto the dresses, rejecting every single one in the shop. 

"You can't show up to the ball in sweatpants Y/N," Hermione said from behind a changing stall at a dress shop. 

"Are you sure about that? because I think I read somewhere that sweatpants are the new ballgowns in the Muggle World."

Hermione opened the curtain of their stall and gave Y/N an annoyed look. "No. No, you didn't," she said. "Now zip this up if you're not going to get anything."

She walked out in a beautiful periwinkle dress but she was holding up the front turning around for Y/N to help her. 

Y/N got up from her seat and helped her zip up the dress delicately. 

Hermione turned around and Y/N let out an excited gasp. 

"Oh my god, you look amazing!" Y/N said admiring her.

Hermione broke into a giddy smile as she looked down at her outfit. 

"Hermione..." Y/N started. "Did you do something different to your teeth?"

Hermione's usual teeth that had always stuck out slightly were now pushed back and straightened. 

"Well...when I went up to Madam Pomfrey to get them shrunk after that spell rebound from Malfoy, she held up a mirror and told me to stop her when they were back to how they normally were," she started. "Mum and Dad won't be too pleased. I've been trying to persuade them to let me shrink them for ages, but they wanted me to carry on with my braces."