𝗦𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟱 - No Place Like Home

"𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚜, 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚜, 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚜. 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚜. 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝. 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜."

𝔻𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 - 𝕄𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕫

"Tonight is going to be a shit show so I don't think the best way to it start off is by bonding with you."

(A/N: Another sort of long chapter but I was too lazy to split it up evenly so enjoy!)

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

As Y/N saw her house appear in view, she already missed Hogwarts. She barely knew what her house looked like now on the inside because her parents had bought it at the end of the summer quickly, and Y/N barely moved in before she was moving her clothes from the moving boxes into her trunks for school. 

Her new house was a light cream-colored brick that looked like a traditional Victorian-style English manor. To her, she thought it had many unnecessary extra bedrooms and rooms but it was home nonetheless.

The Sinclair family did well for themselves given their high positions in the Ministry. Mr. and Mrs. Sinclair both worked as highly trained Aurors. 

Or at least that's what they told Y/N.

Rue did the same kind of work just out of the country. Y/N knew more about Rue's job than her parents, but anytime Y/N would ask a question about it her parents would brush it off. 

Deflection was definitely one of her parent's strong suits. Along with not realizing they set incredibly high standards for their daughter and then completely ignores her whenever she's around.

Y/N exited the car once they had come to a complete stop. She already missed the irritating redhead, the library addict, and the oblivious raven-haired Gryffindor. 

Rue leaned her forearms on the top of the car. "Can't we just wait out here a little longer," she whined. 

"No one would guess you're the one who's twenty-two would they?" Y/N said grabbing a bag. 

"I'm just going to ignore that comment because I know you're only saying that because you don't want to go in as much as I do," Rue said plainly sighing. 

"At least you get to go home after," Y/N pointed out grabbing Athena who was perched in her cage. "Why are you always here?" 

"If I wasn't who would take care of you?" Rue smiled. 

Y/N playfully rolled her eyes, grabbing her light stuff, while Rue carried her heaviest trunk, and she made her way up the front steps. 

Rue hesitated to turn the handle after she had twisted the key.

"I'm not ready to get yelled at right now," Rue sighed. "I was having a good day."