𝗬𝟰: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟱 - The First Task

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎, 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛."

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 - ℂ𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕤

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

"So we know a stunning spell won't work," Harry started as he and Y/N walked around the black lake trying to come up with ways to help him during the first task. "I don't suppose I can just shoot a bunch of water at it?"

"It would put out the fire from the dragon not help subdue them," Y/N said. 

"We should probably go to the library, maybe that'll have something," Harry suggested. 

"We should be grabbing Hermione too, who are we kidding," Y/N said grabbing his arm and pulling him from the lake. 

When they didn't find Hermione in the Gryffindor common room they decided to just head to the library by themselves. They thankfully caught a glimpse of the bushy-haired girl poured over a book once they walked in. 

"We need your help," Harry said walking up to her, Y/N following. 

"Already ahead of you," Hermione said not looking up from her reading and gesturing to the stack of books that were piled up on the table she was sitting at. They were all titled with names regarding dragons.

"A genius," Y/N sighed grabbing the top book from the pile and taking a seat across from Hermione. 

"Draco?" Harry said in disgust looking at one of the books titled 'Draco Vulgaris'.

"It's the scientific name for a dragon, Harry," Hermione said like it was an obvious fact he should have known. 

"Yeah Harry," Y/N teased. "Not everything has to do with that bottle blonde." 

Harry rolled his eyes and took the seat next to Y/N, beginning to sift through the countless number of books to see if they could find anything that would be useful in dealing with dragons. 

"'Talon-clipping by charms... treating scale-rot...' This is no good, this is for nutters like Hagrid who want to keep them healthy..." Harry said. 

"'Dragons are extremely difficult to slay, owing to the ancient magic that imbues their thick hides, which none but the most powerful spells can penetrate...'" Hermione read. 

"But Sirius said a simple spell would do it didn't he?" Y/N said looking over Harry's shoulder at a copy of Dracologists. 

"Let's try some simple spellbooks, then," Harry said slamming the book shut and standing up to look at spellbooks.

"Well, there are Switching Spells," Y/N started thinking back to her past Charms classes. "but what's the point of Switching it? Unless you swapped its fangs for wine-gums or something that would make it less dangerous..."

"The trouble is, like that book said, not much is going to get through a dragon's hide," Hermione began. "I'd say Transfigure it, but something that big, you really haven't got a hope. I doubt even Professor McGonagall unless you're supposed to put the spell on yourself? Maybe to give yourself extra powers? But they're not simple spells, I mean, we haven't done any of those in class, I only know about them because I've been doing O.W.L. practice papers..."

"Hermione," Harry hissed. "will you shut up for a bit, please? I'm trying to concentrate."

But Hermione had already fallen silent when Harry had spoken. 

"Oh no, he's back again, why can't he read on his stupid ship?" Hermione muttered. 

Y/N looked up in confusion and followed Hermione's eyesight to see Viktor Krum and Adrain Agapov walking into the library.