𝗬𝟯: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵 - May The Best Person Win

"𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚍𝚘𝚝𝚎. 𝙶𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚗."

𝔾𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕖𝕟 - ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤

"Falling for me now are you Sinclair?"

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

Over the next three weeks of school, Y/N grew close with her dormmates, all those except for Pansy, and even had fun on the Slytherin Quidditch team. She would study with Hermione and hang out with Ron, Harry, and Hermione around the courtyard. 

That is when Marcus didn't have her in quidditch practices. He was fixed on making Y/N feel singled out but she was too damn good for him to have much to say. 

Despite Y/N despising her quidditch captain she absolutely loved being on the quidditch team. The other members of the quidditch team weren't half bad. Despite contrary belief, not a lot of the Slytherins cared about blood status. Hell, Miles Bletchley was a half-blood. 

However, there was always Malfoy but even he had laid off her for the time being, even though he wouldn't miss any chance to make a snide remark at someone else. 

"Look at the state of his robes," Draco had said in a loud whisper to his friends as Professor Lupin walked past, "He dresses like our old house-elf."

Draco and his goons were the only people who had a problem with Professor Lupin. Although his robes were patched and frayed his kindness made up for it. Defense Against The Dark Arts quickly became most people's favorite class.

Y/N enjoyed most of her other classes as well. However, she tried her best to stay awake in History of Magic and tried her best to stay engaged during Care of Magical Creatures. Even Y/N, who adored creatures, couldn't get excited over feeding shredded lettuce to slimy flobberworms. 

With Draco's dramatic "attack" Hagrid had to resort to more dull classes and he had lost most of his confidence. 

However, there was something Y/N could look forward to. 

The first quidditch game of the season was on Saturday. Slytherin V.S Gryffindor and even tho Y/N had her friends on the Gryffindor team she was going to respectfully and as kindly as possible kick their asses.

Harry on the other hand, besides hanging out with Y/N, was throwing himself into quidditch practices. 

Not willingly of course. 

Oliver had them practicing every chance they could and he was hell-bent on getting the Quidditch cup.

"This our last chance - my last chance - to win the Quidditch Cup," He had lectured on Gryffindor's first practice. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it."

"It hasn't always been smooth sailing when it comes to the Quidditch cup," Oliver had continued, "Injuries." he looked at Harry who blushed remembering his missing bones incident.

"Oliver, this year's our year," Fred had ensured.

"We can do it, Oliver," Angelina had agreed. 

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

"I hope you know I'm not going easy on you during the first quidditch game," Harry smirked as Y/N closed the chapter of the book they were reading together after they had finished classes for the week. 

"I wouldn't dream of it you'll need all the help you can get," Y/N said.

"Please," Harry smiled, "I am the youngest Seeker in a century."