𝗬𝟯: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭 - Halloween & Hogsmeade

"𝙸 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜. 𝚆𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝?" 

𝔸𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦 - ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤

"Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

"What's going with them?" Y/N asked Harry one early October afternoon in Herbology. Hermione and Ron were sending each other deathly glares across the room.

"Well Hermione's cat chased Ron's rat around the common room and now they're fighting. Again," Harry said rolling his eyes. 

"Well she should have kept her cat away from poor Scabbers," Ron defended. "He's still trembling."

"I already told you I'm sorry Ronald," Hermione insisted, "It's in a cat's nature to hunt! He smelt him."

"I can't with you two," Y/N laughed.

"You see it too?" Harry asked quietly.

"That they fight like an old married couple? Yeah," she laughed along with him.

"So are you going to Hogsmeade at the end of the month?" Harry asked as the two worked on a puffapod. 

"Probably, what about you?" she asked. 

"I can't," Harry said, "I kind of blew up my aunt before they could sign the permission slip."

Y/N slightly chuckled.

"It's not funny!" Harry said trying not to laugh along with her. 

"I mean it kind of is," Y/N insisted. "But surely Professor McGonagall would understand, I mean the school does know of your living situation."

"Your right," Harry said, "I'll ask her next class during Transfiguration."

"Good," Y/N said turning her attention back to the puffapod. "Because there's no way I'm going to Hogsmeade with those two bickering."

Harry smiled as he went back to his Herbology work. 

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

Harry walked with Ron to Transfiguration while Hermione walked in front of them keeping her distance from Ron. Harry wished he had Y/N to save him from this class but she sadly had to have a schedule change. She now had Charms with the Slytherins and Ravenclaws, instead of Transfiguration with them. 

As they reached the line of students waiting outside of class, Harry and Ron noticed Lavender crying and Parvati's arm around her. 

Ron rolled his eyes while Harry approached cautiously. 

"What's the matter, Lavender?" Hermione asked concerned.

"She got a letter from home this morning," Pavarti whispered, "It's her rabbit, Binky. He's been killed by a fox."

"Oh," Hermione said, "I'm sorry Lavender."

"I should have known!" Lavender exclaimed sobbing. 

Harry and Ron shifted uncomfortably. Crying girls were not the two Gryffindor boys' strong suit. 

"It's the sixteenth of October! 'That thing you're dreading, it will happen on the sixteenth of October!' Remember! She was right, she was right!"