𝗬𝟰: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰𝟯 - 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴

"𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙸𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚃𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎?"

𝕚𝕟𝕧𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 - 𝕋𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕠𝕣 𝕊𝕨𝕚𝕗𝕥

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

The quartet had decided the best way to find out information about Crouch was to contact Percy, so Sunday after breakfast they made their way up to the Owlery. Hedwig and Athena both looked attentively at the four students hoping to finally get out again. They decided it was best to use Hedwig which didn't stop Athena from clicking her beak annoyingly and flying away from them.

After they watched the snowy owl fly out of their sight they went down to the kitchens to give Dobby the pair of socks they had bought at Hogsmeade. 

When they entered, the house-elves gave them a cheery welcome, and immediately started making tea. Dobby let out an excited squeal when he received his present. 

"Harry Potter is too good to Dobby!" he gushed, wiping abnormally large tears out of his huge eyes. 

"Oh come on you deserve it, you gave Neville the Gillyweed that saved my life," Harry praised. 

"No chance of more of those eclairs, is there?" Ron said, looking at the smiling house-elves. 

"You've just had breakfast!" Hermione protested, but eclairs were already served to the group on a silver platter. 

After taking one gratefully, Y/N dropped her head down and whispered to Harry, "We should get some stuff to send up to Snuffles."

"Good idea," Harry said, "It would give Athena something to do she's definitely giving you the silent treatment right now."

"How kind of you to care about the relationship between me and my owl," Y/N said with fake sincerity. Y/N turned to the surrounding house-elves, "Would you mind giving us an extra bit of food?"

They bowed happily and hurried off. 

"Dobby, where's Winky?" Hermione asked scanning the room. 

"Winky is over there by the fire, miss," Dobby said quietly. They all continued about their business until they heard Hermione's voice.

"Oh dear," Hermione muttered.

They all turned to see Winky sitting on the same stool they had seen her in when they were last down there. She had neglected basic hygiene and allowed herself to become so filthy that the smoke-blackened brick behind her was not so distinguishable from the tiny house elf.  

Her clothes had become ragged and they looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks. She had a bottle of butterbeer held tightly in her hand and she was staring into the fire. 

"Winky goes through six bottles a day now," Dobby whispered. 

"Well, at least it's not the strong stuff," Y/N offered, trying to see a bright side. 

"Strong for a house-elf Miss," Dobby said shaking his head as Winky let out an enormous hiccup.  

"Winky is pining, Harry Potter," Dobby said sadly. "Winky wants to go home. Winky is still thinking Mr. Crouch is her master, sir, and nothing Dobby says will persuade her that Professor Dumbledore is her master now."