𝗬𝟯: 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲 - Buckbeak

"𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞." 

𝕊𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕐𝕠𝕦 - ℙ𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖

"It's killed meh! It's killed meh!"

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───

Gasps filled the room but Harry felt like he might hurl. Students all over the classroom were dramatically reacting to Harry's mark of death.

"I don't think it looks like a Grim," Hermione said coldly just as annoyed with this class as Y/N was.

Professor Trelawney made her way to Hermione with a sour look plastered across her face.

"You'll forgive me for saying so, my dear, but I perceive very little aura around you. Very little receptivity to the resonances of the future." 

Hermione tried her best to hide her hurt face as everyone started debating over if the tea leaves truly looked like the Grim.

"When your all finished deciding whether Harry's going to die or not!" Y/N shouted as the class quieted down. Harry shot her a grateful look as the professor calmed down and dismissed the class.  

"Until we meet again," Professor Trelawney called before turning to Neville and saying, "Oh and dear you'll be late next time, so mind you work extra-hard to catch up."

The 4 new friends descended down the stairs awkwardly but Y/N gave Harry's shoulder a comforting squeeze before moving to talk to Hermione about Transfiguration. Ron wasn't even looking Harry in the eye after the previous class. 

Y/N and Hermione took seats together towards the front of the classroom when they reached Professor McGonagall's class, while Harry moved to the back trying to avoid everyone's irritating gazes. As Y/N and Hermione paid attention learning about Animagi (who were wizards or witches who could transform into animals at will) Harry tuned his house leader out. 

Y/N started to daydream as she imagined herself being an animagus. A beautiful black wolf with Y/E/C eyes. Turning into an animal at will sounded amazing. As she sat in her seat daydreaming her eyes were pulled to the front of the classroom when Professor McGonagall turned into a tabby cat. 

However, the students who had just come from Divination didn't even give the professor a second look.

"Really, what has got into you all today?" the Professor said as she turned back to her normal self.

Hermione raised her hand after nobody spoke up. 

"Professor we've just had our first Divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and --" 

"Ah, of course, tell me, which one of you will be dying this year?" she interrupted.

Everyone snuck quick glances at Harry as he wished he could be swallowed up into the floor, 

"Me," he said finally.

"I see," Professor McGonagall said calmly, "You should know Potter, death omens seem to be Sybill Trelawney's favorite way to greet a new class. She has predicted a student death every year since she has been here at Hogwarts. None of them have died."

Y/N was thankful that someone could see through Professor Trelawney's comments and Harry started to relax at the words of his teacher.

─── ∙ ~☾~ ∙ ───