53|The Peace Between War

|third person pov|

"I mean, doesn't it sound like fate to you?"

Alaric's words rang in Nora's ears because he was right. Well the books were right.

They were in love. She knew that she was in love with Niklaus, that was the one thing that was always clear to her.

But who would know this? She thought. Who's writing these books, the universe?

She was going to speak up, but her vamp hearing heard something urgent rooting from the living room.

"What?" Alaric asked, able to read her face of confusion.

"I don't know."

She stormed out of the library, making her way back to the living room where everybody else was, Ric following closely behind her.

"It was the Sherriff." Matt said, putting his phone in his back pocket. "She said that she spotted Kai leaving the grill."

"Perfect! Now I can go kill him." Damon said eagerly, rubbing his hands together.

"But that's not all." Matt emphasized, as his eyes darted towards Nora. She could practically see the stream coming from his ears.

She furrowed her eyebrows at him, but Katherine turned her lip up angrily and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well spit it out Matty Blue." She rolled her head in annoyance.

"She said that he was seen leaving with two unconscious bodies. Ones that have grey skin with desiccation all over. Who she was able to identify as Kol and Rebekah Mikaelson."

All of their heads turned to Nora.

"No." Katherine's voice snapped them out of their moment, as she sped out of the Salvatore home, and out of Mystic Falls completely.

Until it's clear of the Mikaelsons, Rebekah specifically.

Harshly blinking her eyes, Nora vigorously shook her head.

She didn't care that Elena had found out that she didn't come alone anymore. The only thing that she cared about was how she was going to explain to Klaus that she had lost his siblings, and how he was going to kill her.

And how he was right.

"Wh-How--No. No." She protested, shaking her head. "Kai is-is a siphon witch, there is no way that he could've taken down Kol and Rebekah."

"Well the Kai Parker that you remember has since evolved." Damon informed her. "He turned himself into some vampire witch hybrid."

"But still-"

"And, not too long ago we had to deal with some travelers. They reversed all witch magic in Mystic Falls making is so that no supernatural being could enter without dying on the spot."

Damon gave her the 411, as she stood there, her brain trying to process all of the information at once. However once she heard the word, traveler, she knew it couldn't be good.