21|Links

|nora's pov|

'Wake up, Nora. Come on..'

The voice sounded faint in the distance, like it was coming from the back of my head. I tried to open my eyes, so I could hear where it was coming from but everything looked blurry. I couldn't make out shapes, instead everything looked like big colored masses, and it didn't help that I didn't know where I was. I went to rub my eyes, but I found that I couldn't move my arms and that's when I jolted awake. My head snapped back and forth, and I sighed remembering the events that led me to this situation.

"The Regent leader...of nine covens." I looked straight ahead, and my eyebrows furrowed when I saw her and the room that we were in. It was a small room, and the walls looked like we were underground or something. The room was small, but we were on opposite sides of the walls and our hands were chained up to the ceiling.

I pulled on the restraints, hard, but they weren't budging.

"I tried that already." I looked at her for a while, realizing the position that we were in. One coven has about twelve witches, you can do the math.

"How long have we been here?"

"An hour, at least. You've been out since they juju'ed you outside." An hour? How haven't we been found yet?

"Where even is this place." I tried to overlook my arms, as they were right my the sides of my head. I heard her sigh.

"No clue, but you're a witch. Can't you just hocus pocus us out of here?"

"I could, but I get my magic from myself, and as you can see I'm not in the best condition." I was definitely juju'ed, or whatever Rebekah said. I can feel the affects of some spell, mixed with wolfsbane. Whatever they did to kidnap me, didn't just put me to sleep. "If I can get close to you, then we might have a shot out of here." My mind was trying to come up with a quick solution, and an idea popped in my head. "What if I turned?" She looked at me for a moment, and I could tell that she was thinking about it.

"You can try-" At the sound of her sentence, It felt like my whole body was being pulled apart, but something wouldn't let it. I groaned to endure the pain, while Rebekah's head turned to the left. 

"I wouldn't try anything, If I were in your shoes." Davina stopped right in front of me, and finally unclenched her hand. I gasped for breath, and shook my head at her.

"Davina, I-My humanity was off, and I didn't mean what I said or did. I'm so-"

"That doesn't make up for anything, you're still a monster. You think the humanity switch is an excuse, to cover up who you really are and to get a free pass to do whatever you want? Well wake up, because I'm going to show you what you really are." Her hand made a fist again, and my body felt like it was going to get pulled apart limb my limb. I moved, trying to escape the pain, but there was no use. Everything she saying was true.

"The blood is on your hands." My head snapped up, when I saw that my hands were literally bleeding. She was making cuts on them, and catching the blood with a small wooden bowl. "Being a tribrid is an unbalance of nature, and you proved that." I couldn't contain my emotions. I let a tear roll down my cheek in defeat, and she gave me fake pity.

"Awe, don't be sad. I know you hate what you are, and I can cure you. By binding your werewolf side, you'll only be a heretic. And then I can kill you, maybe I'll make your boyfriend watch." All of my sadness turned into rage, as I watched her walk over to a table that was on the side. Binding my werewolf side? My heartbeat started to pick up, and that's when I really got nervous. I looked at the floor, and silently plotted our way to get out of here, alive. Hell would have to freeze over, before I gave up a part of myself.

"Don't listen to her, Nora. This is just a moment of weakness, okay? We will get out of here." I used vamp hearing to tune into Rebekah's whispers, and I slightly smiled at her. I saw Davina take a stone and coat it in my blood, before using tongs to heat it up over the fire.

"Have nothing to say?" Her arm outstretched to me, and the feeling of my body ripping apart came rushing back. My chest heaved catching my breath, and my body shook in anger. I mumble growled under my breath as I felt the webs flourish under my eyes. "What was that?" The clicking of her shoes got closer as she neared me.

"I said, I'm gonna kill you." I didn't care about being the monster, or the bad guy anymore. I only hoped that whenever I killed her the first time, she stayed dead. She laughed in my face.

"This is my revenge.." She turned around, and faced Rebekah. "As for you, your family will finally fall." She looked like she was having too much fun.

"Your brave for a mortal."

"A mortal who has the means to kill you." She faced me, and smiled. "Let's get binding."

She leaned over me to loosen my hands so she could take me to do the spell, but I took my opportunity. As soon as she leaned close to me, I grabbed her arm and siphoned her as fast as I could. She started screaming, and groaning in pain, while she crippled to the floor but I still kept my hold on her. Eventually she ran out of magic, and I smiled when I was able to break my arms free.

I sped over to Rebekah, and easily snapped the chains from her wrists. The look on her face was sheer horror, as Rebekah flashed over to her and grabbed her by the throat. Suddenly if felt like I was gasping for breath. Her head turned to look at me, and my hands touched my neck trying to figure out what was happening. Once Rebekah let her go, I felt fine.

"What the bloody hell did you do-"

"Were linked, whatever happens to her happens to me and vice versa." She threw her hands up in the air, and sighed.

"Well what are we going to do now?"

"Sorry to leave you at the finish line, but I'm going to have to put us to sleep, until we can sever the link." She nodded her head, and I waved my hand over Davina on the floor. As soon as I did, I fell back unconscious.

|rebekah's pov|

I picked both of them up, and walked through the place cautiously. I didn't know where I was, but I went out the door that I saw Davina first some in from. It lead to another room, that had yet another door, but I heard something; fighting. I walked towards the door, and opened it slowly. I was relieved when I saw Klaus and Elijah, alone with a bunch of witches. Klaus literally tore through them, magic only carrying them so far. Elijah flashed in front of me, and his face held concern.

"What happened."

"Davina linked them, so we have to keep her safe until it's broken." He watched him focus on her unconscious face, and he pointed across the room. It looked like the opening of a cave, or tunnel.

"Go through there, and go back to the compound. We'll be there soon."