42|Attracting the Opposite

|nora's pov|

"The irony of this is oddly..funny?" I said, my eyes scanning over my sisters.

I got wrapped up in helping Freya and Rebekah getting ready, I don't even know if my costume fits me yet, but it was totally worth it. They look, amazing.

"Tell me if I look legit.." We watched Freya intently as she gave us her best straight face, before scrunching her nose, and exposing her glued on fangs. Her hiss was a little off pitch, when she opened her mouth wide, and the fake blood dripped down her chin.

Rebekah raised her eyebrows, and I cocked my head to her, before looking back at Freya.

"You're a natural." I said, obviously clapping my hands together.

"Okay, what about this." Both of our heads turned to Rebekah, as she adjusted her velvet royal robe, and tightly held onto the broomstick in her hand. Yes, a witch dressed up to be a vampire, and a vampire dressed up to be a witch.

"Uhm..Incendo?" She said, unsurely pointing the handle of the broom to the open door of Freya's bedroom. She rubbed her lips together, and Freya looked between the door, and then her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Try, motis." I leaned over whisper in her ear, considering Incendo wasn't even a spell that existed, and we really don't have time for house fires.

"Okay, Motis." She pointed the broom handle like a magic wand, as I gave the door a stern look, narrowing my eyes. I shut it without me having to do anything, and I looked back over at her with a fake shocked expression.

"Well, who knew you were a witch." She broke character as she laughed, but it all dialed down when there was a stern knock at the door. We all decided to get ready in Freya's room, since it was the farthest room away from the boys and we wanted quality girl time.

"No boys allowed!" Rebekah shot back at the knock, and Freya snickered when we didn't get a response.

"You know I am so sick and tired of the parties. When will somebody host a proper dinner?" I sighed, sitting down at the vanity chair. The three mirrors gave me a perfect view of them behind me, as Freya gained a lisp with the fake teeth in her mouth.

"Well..do remember the last time you went to a dinner, we all thought that you were dead.." She said, tilting her head at me.

"Oh.." I whispered, vividly remember the Christmas Chaos dinner.

"Who cares about silly dinners, party's are so much more fun." Rebekah squinted at me through the mirror, walking up behind me. I gave her full reign of my hair, as she pulled it out of my ponytail, and started to run the baby blue brush through it. I watched her, intently. Rebekah has such a free, wild, loving spirit. Sometimes it was hard to believe that she wanted to be a human, it seemed like she fit into the vampire lifestyle..almost perfectly.

I lowered my head, messing with the hem of my white robe, thinking about tonight.

"Hey guys, what do you think Marcel'll do to us if we get sold out." Rebekah's face turned serious, and I glanced up to see Freya sit down on the edge of the bed. She totally pulled off the vampire look, by the way.

"Hopefully something a lot less worse than he would do to Klaus." She said, passing my hair through the straightener, which was unusual. I'm so used to her getting out the curling iron, but the goal was to not look like myself.

Another knock on the door disrupted our conversation, and I tilted my head at it.

"I said, no boy's allowed!" Rebekah said, with much more attitude than before. Her head whipped back when the door swung open against her protest, and I immediately smiled when I saw the head poke around the door.