58|Long Way From Home

|third person pov|

Klaus was among the first to step into the Salvatore home, which immediately caused all eyes to be adverted onto him.

Nora stepped in closely behind him, while Rebekah took her sweet old time lingering into the doorway and closing the door behind her.

"Great, you're here." Damon rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed that Klaus was back in Mystic Falls.

"I could say that the feeling is mutual, old mate." Klaus said, with a half side smile.

"Where's Elena?" Nora asked, cutting both of their dramatics off. "She said that it was important?"

Her hearing caught into a sniffle that sounded close. She turned her head to see Elena striding out of the kitchen, with as eyes red and watery as a bloodied sea.

"What's wrong?" Nora's toned changed when she saw her emotion, and how worked up Elena was. She took a step down from the raised foyer into the living room.

Bouncing her shoulders in defeat, Elena rolled her eyes up to the ceiling in an attempt to keep her tears from falling down her face.

"It's Kai, he-he found out that my brother was staying in Denver with some family friends, and he took him."

"Denver?" Nora questioned, wondering how her hometown could also be Elena's.

"I tried to get him away from all this, but it's clear that this life will just continue to follow us wherever we go." She frowned in defeat, looking back at her boyfriend Damon. "There is no break, or escape."

"No, our life isn't the problem, Kia is." He reassured her.

"Well, what did he want?" Nora finally questioned both of them, crossing her arms over her chest.

Leaning his head back, Damon looked at her with a slightly confused look while Nora only widened her eyes and shook her head in the silence.

"I don't think he took a loved one because he was bored...I think it was to cause a reaction." Taking a step closer to him, she tilted her chin up. "What did he want in exchange?"

"Well, I mean that doesn't really matter, because he's not going to get it."

Nora jogged her own memory flashing back to when she was at Tyler's house, and the feeling a magic force being used on her. In her mind there was no way that Kai was plotting on both her and Elena at the same time, or maybe he had a completely different agenda altogether.

"How would you feel if I told you when I went to visit your friend Tyler last night, I got visions." She squinted her eyes at him, as Elena's head turned to her in question.

"Well come on Wanda, spit it out." Damon smartly smiled back at her.

"I was able to see Kai, he was using his magic to try and locate me which means that he still knows that I'm alive after he tried to kill me. He wouldn't have known unless someone on the inside told him that his plan failed."

It was dead silent in the house as Nora watched Damon connect the dots in his head, and she took another step closer to him.

"So, I think you tell me what's really going on here, before I take matters into my own hands." Her expression became serious.