4|Land of the Living

|third person pov|

Freya removed the mask from the girl as gently as she could, and her head leaned on the back of the chair from the lack of energy that she had. She discharged the viles of venom, and held the small tubes up to the light.

"I'm guessing that was our missing ingredient." She flinch as she heard the accented voice, and turned to face the blonde.

"All I need to do is bind them with the spell, then well have it. The cure." It was a surreal moment, knowing that this wasn't it, after thinking that it was for years. The compound was eerily quiet as they walked into the spell room, and she got to work.

"I need some of your blood." Freya asked looking at her through her eyelashes, and Rebekah furrowed her eyebrows.

"How much blood are we talking?" Freya moved a little bowl in front of them with all of the ingredients in it. The crunch was ear-ringing as she bit into her wrist, and let it trickle into the small container. Freya grabbed the bowl, and levitated her hands over it.

Rebekah watched her intently as she chanted, and she could feel her heartbeat pick up from nervousness. She didn't know what she was saying, but she knew that it was Latin. Soon, the liquid dissolved, and it turned into the color of lava, and it was swirling on it's own.

"This is it." Both of them looked into each others eyes for a second, before they sprinted up to the attic. Not many people knew that the compound had an attic, so Freya figured that it would be safest to keep their bodies up here. When they got to the door she waved her hands over the door, and they spell she used to seal it was removed. Rebekah walked headfirst into two coffins, and opened the first on that she was closest too. Her blood ran cold. Seeing Elijah like this was bone chilling, her invincible brothers, lying dead before her.

"Give me it." She reached her hand out to Freya, and she gave her the small bowl. She gently picked his head up, and placed the bowl to his lips, and gave him a sip of it. As soon as it touched his tongue, his desiccated body started to return to his normal pale skin, and Rebekah gasped as the veins went away. She stood at his side, and waited for what seemed like hours, but he wasn't waking up.

"Freya, w-why isn't it working?" She said turning around to look at her, and she was opening Klaus's coffin. Looking at him might've been worse than seeing Elijah, if that was even possible.

"It will work, you just have to give it-" They both jumped, as Elijah gasped, and sat up straight in the bedding. Their eyes were wide, as she tilted her head to look at him.

"Elijah." Tears were brimming her eyes, and her voice was shaky as she looked at him, scooping him in a hug. "Oh my god." She released him, and grabbed his face, seeing if he were real.

"I've missed you, dear sister. I knew you guys would find a way to fix this sooner or later." His voice was low and scratchy, as Rebekah let go of him.

"You should be thanking Freya." Elijah turned to look at his long lost sister, as she held the cure up to Klaus's mouth, and set the bowl down.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, brother." She had a 100 watt smile, and he jumped out of the coffin.

"How long has it been?" Rebekah's tongue skimmed across her top row of teeth, before speaking.

"Eight years, and Marcel's army has completely taken over the city, so...I don't know what your planning for that." It was a disappointing truth, but it was the truth nonetheless. At the end of her sentence, their head snapped to Klaus, who sprung to life moments later. His head snapped back and forth, realizing where he was.

"Took you bloody long enough." Even in the after life, did his sarcasticness carry on. Freya engulfed him in a hug, and they watched as his expression change as his eyes darted across the room. 

"Where's Nora?" There was a long silence, and then he grew enraged. "She's not dead, is she?"

"No, s-she's fine, but emotionless." The tension in the room was thick as he climbed out of the coffin, and starred at the lot of them. Elijah's eyes squinted as he processed what she said.

"Well where is she, we have to find her." Rebekah's heart silently broke for him.

"That's the problem Nik, she doesn't want to be found." The look on his face was pure disbelief, and he scoffed under his breath listening to what she said. "She turned it off right after you died."

"Well then, we can get her to turn it on." He was frantic, coming up with ideas, and he went to walk past them.

"She killed Eryn." Rebekah made eye contact with Elijah, and examined the frown on his face, scared to even look at Klaus's face. Those words just confirmed how off the walls she'd become. He stopped in his tracks before silently walking away. Rebekah let go of a breath that she didn't know she was holding, and looked at Elijah with sad eyes.

"I'm glad to have you back."