18|Strangers

|nora's pov|

Speeding out of the compound, I limped all the way out to the Bayou. My bones still felt like sandpaper, but now that was the last thing on me mind. The journey was anything but quiet as my mind raced with all of the memories my old self created. My mind and body felt destroyed.

When I finally reached the terrain, I screamed.

It was an agonizing one.

Filled with pain.

I clutched the side of my temples, trying to let everything come in, but it was too much. My legs gave in, and I raked my hands through the grass that was on the ground.

What have I done?

Some things were fuzzy, and I don't remember every kill. I don't know if that a good, or a bad thing yet, but the thing that I remember most is when I didn't kill; when Vicky came to New York.  I had let it all in, the worst part was done, now I had to learn to live with myself.

I heard the crunching of leaves behind me, and I slowly stood up from my sulking spot, and rubbed my hands down the front of my pants.

"You shouldn't be here."

"I forgive you." My head whipped around, and I felt a pit in my stomach when I saw the eldest Mikaelson sibling.

"Freya.."

"I forgive you, and everything that happened...because that wasn't you. I know Nora Parker, the one who sacrificed her life for me, and did anything to protect my family." She took quick steps towards me, and stopped when she was right in front of me. "I really hope that this isn't a goodbye."

I bowed my head down, and engulfed her in a hug. She looked so different. Her hair was shorter, and the years were kind to her. God it felt good to feel. I sniffled before pulling away, and I took her hands in mine. "I accept your forgiveness, but I still have to forgive myself. I love you, Freya Mikaelson." I felt droplets on my hands, and my lip quivered when I saw that they were her tears. Our hands glowed red, and I smiled when I felt all of her magic gone from me. She smiled at me with her teeth, and gave me one last hug.

"Are you coming back with me?" I squeezed her hands again, and shook my head.

"No, I'm gonna stay out here for a while." She gave me a stiff nod, and I let her go.

I started to take off my clothes, starting with my shoes and then my socks and then my jacket and so on. I took a deep breath before I felt my back crack, and I groaned in pain when I fell on the floor. Then my right arm snapped backwards, and my leg twisted. I let the curse consume my body, and swallow me hole. Half to clear my mind, but maybe I deserved the pain.

|third person pov|

Freya walked through the compound with her arms crossed, while Elijah and Klaus were alert upon her arrival.

"Did you find her?" Klaus spat out, flashing in front of her. Freya nodded her head as she sniffled, and Klaus tilted his head. "Well I hope those are happy tears."

"I saw her out in the Bayou, she's not taking this so well. I told her that I forgiven her, and she told me that she loved me, and then she gave me my magic back." A small smile appeared on her face, but then she shook her head. "I asked her to come back with me, and she said no."

"See, I told you I shouldn't have left her." Klaus went to curse at his brother, but stopped once the brunette popped up in the foyer, and all eyes were on her. I was evident that something was wrong about her, her clothes were all wonky, and her eyes still held that golden tint to them.