60|Loyalties Lie

|third person pov|

Nora cautiously stepped out of the car, her eyes peering around the parking lot that was swarming with unfamiliar faces.

Immediately, she could see and feel how the scene was so much different than New Orleans. 

The uniformed sound of trumpets played loudly by a band that stood in a neat formation right outside the entrance. It was a huge elegant white building, with many glass windows. There were a few steps, before a landing that led to the doors and there stood the towns Sheriffs, on guard, greeting everybody who entered.

The loud thud of Rebekah slamming her door snapped her out of her slight daze.

"Well, I did not miss this place one bit." Rebekah sighed with a frown, pulling her dress from underneath her.

"Cheer up, you might win after all." Nora said absent mindedly.

Her eyes were too busy pinging around the unfamiliar terrain at a million miles per second, stopping once they landed on the 'Mystic Falls Founders Hall' sign. Then a little bit of nervousness creeped in. What could Kai possibly have planned for an event like this, a town like this.

That's when she knew it would only ever end in blood.

Everyone seemed to form into a single file line as they walked through the doors, Nora and Rebekah stayed close together as it became their turn to enter the building.

To their left stood a man behind a podium. It was clear he didn't know who they were by the look of confusion on his face, and the girls looked between one another sharing the same look.

"I-I'm sorry, you girls don't look familiar to me. Did you graduate from Timberwolf?"

Opening her mouth, Rebekah quickly closed it as Nora spoke up and just let the words flow out of her mouth.

"We actually didn't graduate yet, were friends with Elena Gilbert."

Immediately a smile appeared on the man's face.

"Elena, of course. Well, judging by your beautiful gowns I'm going to guess you girls are competing tonight."

"Yes, we are." She nodded her head.

"Can I have your girl's first and last names please?" He said kindly, picking up his pen as he went to write them down on his roster sheet.

Nora went to say her regular name, but Rebekah cut her off just in time.

"Uhm, Rebekah Maxwell and Nora Fell."

"Goodluck to you both."

Holding out her hand, Rebekah shook his.

"Thank you, Mayor." She said, noticing the pin badge he had on declaring his status.

The two girls shuffled inside with a sigh of relief.

"What's up with the fake names?" Nora questioned, confused.

"Not just any names, they're the founding families of this town. The names that make us qualified to run in this stupid pageant." Rebekah informed her, as she furrowed her eyebrows at the information.

Without a moment's notice, the girls were being rushed up a huge windy set of stairs that led to the top floor of the building; by a woman who seemed to be stressed beyond belief.

"Please, all of the ladies who are in the running's must check-in and rehearse upstairs." She coerced.

Rebekah went up the stairs with a simple eye roll, but deep-down Nora began to get agitated. How was she going to be able to do what she needed to do, if she actually had to participate in all of the rituals.