14|New Visits

|noras pov|

By dusk, I was having trouble holding it together on the inside. The vervain wore off, and now I was just a hungry vampire locked in a cage. They kept me right by the foyer, so I could see every person as they walked by, but that also meant that I could see what time of day it was.

This boundary spell had to be tied to the moon, or the sun so whether I have to wait six more hours or not, I was getting out of here. It was so quiet, sometimes I psyched myself out and thought that my ears were ringing, but they weren't. In the distance I heard footsteps, but I didn't turn my head towards them. I looked at the ceiling above, as I watched the blonde head float over to the big glass bottles of scotch, and pour himself one. He didn't say anything, but I felt him walked over to the edge of the barrier, and squat down next to me.

"It'll help with the urges." I moved my eyes to look directly at him, and he was holding out a glass for me. I mean a free drink is a free drink. He placed it on the floor outside of the barrier, and slid it over using the back of his hand. I took the cup, and when it was a hair away from my lips, I laughed, showing all of my teeth.

"You really think I would drink my own poison. I mean the vervain dulls me down, but don't mistake me for a fool." I crushed the glass in my hand, and he stood up away from me.

"Well, it's either you drink it or I have to pull out those famous little darts." He looked at me for a while, and sigh before walking away but when he got as far as he could, I spoke.

"Nik." My voice was quiet, and I could tell that he just barely caught it. He stopped in his tracks, and I watched him take all of those steps back to me. He looked me dead in my eyes, and I got as close to him as I was allowed. "You will regret this."

It would've been pitch black if the moonlight didn't shine in perfectly, giving me a clear view of my hand. The cuts made by the glass weren't healing and it's already been about an hour. I stood up, went to rest my back on the barrier, but nothing caught me. I fell down right on my backside, with my chained arms still in front of me. I sat on the floor in confusion for a second before I stood up again, and took the next few steps cautiously. I was in the middle of the foyer, and no spell. Either the spell is up, or somebody got to the little witch before I could.

I whisked out the first chance I got, and ended up in the middle of the French Quarter. A blast to the past at its finest. It looked different, but I almost expected it to change some more over the years. I decided to walk the rest of the way, though my legs felt like jelly. My head snapped back and forth in paranoia, and search. These cuffs are spelled so that the person in them can't take them off, somebody else had to do it.

My instincts of hunting were only heightened as I heard a heartbeat from afar. I focused in, and smiled when I saw a man walking down the street. I watched him, and waitied until he made a turn to show myself.

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't see you there." His eyes were full of emotion as he looked down at my hands, and then back to me with a puzzled expression. "A-are you okay, do you need me to call the cops?" I shook my head lightly, and looked in his eyes.

"I just need you to take these off, and be quiet." His hands robotically lifted up to mine, and the chains fell onto the floor.

"Incendia." I watched the shackles burn up into flames, and I did it with a smile. I didn't waste anytime. I looked at him, and my fangs didn't even have time to come out by the time I latched on his neck. I was in heaven. I could feel my body coming back to life, and it felt damn good. I didn't even realize what I was doing, until his head popped off, and I stood there looking at the sky.

"Nora?" The feminine voice was all too familiar, and I turned around with the biggest smile on me face.

"Camillie." It took a second for my veins to go away, and she looked mortified. "You're not the person that I was looking for, but maybe you can help me?" I was caught off guard when she vanished right in front of my eyes. I could smell her from a few blocks away, and it didn't take long for me to track her.