41|Respect the Dead

|nora's pov|

"Are you sure you're comfortable doing this? So many things could go wrong. All it takes is for somebody to see something they shouldn't, or if one of you slip up-"

"I know." I said, detaching my hand from his to sweep some hair out of my face. "I know, but-I don't know how else were supposed to do this." I stopped walking, and he followed my actions. I starred at him, trying to mask my fear, knowing that it was a mutual feeling.

Klaus letting me go in the same room with Marcel, without him, took a lot of conversation. Hell I'm scared, I don't know what Marcel will do to me if my cover gets blown. Or Freya, or Rebekah..

He blinked at me, before his head turned to the side, and my ears tapped into my enhanced hearing.

I heard it too, the sound of bushes rustling in the dead quiet.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me, and I whipped my head around when I picked up on a heart beat. My eyes zoomed in on the tree, and I could sense whoever it was standing behind it. My lips parted when I saw the glossy green eyes peek at me from around the dark bark, and the corners of my mouth lifted into a smile naturally.

"Aiden, you nearly scared me.." I breathed, strutting up to him with my arms already open for a hug.

"Vice versa." He said into my hair. I felt his hands rub up and down my back, before he let me go.

"What are you doing here so early? Did something happen." His eyes darted between me and Klaus, before I shook my head.

"No, I just came here to talk to Mary." Mary is their elder, and she is no friend to vampires, including me. Which is completely fine with me, but I feel that it wouldn't be respectful if I took her pack head first into a plan that could possibly fall through.

"Do you know where she might be?" I watched him look at Klaus then blink back at the ground, and I swallowed. "I know that she isn't very fond of me-"

"It's not you Nora, it's what you are, who you surround yourself around." He cut me off, and I opened my mouth, loosing my words when self disappointment washed over me.

"I just need to talk to her." I resumed, interlocking my fingers together in front of me. He blinked, nodding his head in the opposite direction.

"She is, where she always is." He slid his hands in his pockets, and I replied with a stiff nod, letting my legs carry me to Mary's. I took a few steps, when I didn't hear Klaus's behind me. I turned around, and I squinted my eyes while he just starred Aiden down.

Our eyes met when I turned to face him, and I raised my eyebrows, disrupting their alpha male moment. I nodded my head in the direction in which we needed to go, and he soon followed after. Our hands reconnecting when he caught up to me.

"I don't see why you would want to go through all this hassle. If anything, your doing this pack a favor. You stopped them from being wiped out, helped them get a grip on their curse." He noted.

"I did those things because it's the right thing to do, and so is this." I said, looking up into his pacific blue eyes. I watched them circle around the wildlife surrounding us, before he smirked back down at me.

"Found her." I didn't even get to ask questions before he sped off at the speed of light, causing my hair to whip behind me in the wind he caused. My jaw dropped, as I spun around trying to figure out which direction he went in. I want to get to her, before he does.

I could hear them, the dialogue in the distance, and I set off after him.

"Vampire." I heard her coarse voice much clearer as I neared them.

"I'm a hybrid dear, half werewolf. We could be distant relatives for all you know." I carefully walked up to her cabin door, which was wide open, giving me a good look at her.

"And her," Klaus said, motioning towards me. "Well, she's a little bit of everything." I rolled my eyes at his remark, walking up to her.

"Mary-" I instinctively halted my sentence as the threshold jerked my body back, stopping me from entering, and I licked my bottom lip. She didn't have to invite me in if she didn't want to. I shoved my hands in my jacket pocket, taking a step back.

"What are you guy's doing here?" She said, setting the knife she had in her hands down. By the look of things, she was making dinner. "Vampires aren't allowed out here." My mouth opened, and closed trying to come up with the right words to say, but I guess Klaus had a tongue that was itching spill words out.

"Well, you don't seem to mind when she's out here defending your pack from the real dangers that you should be worrying about." My eyes swiveled up to him, as he took a prolonged step forward, still not coming into contact with the threshold.

"Or when she's using her energy and magic to free you of a curse she is no longer burdened with." He said, referring to the moonlight ring that I never quite saw her take off of her finger. The silence was more than uncomfortable, as I tried to take the respect approach.

"What do want?" She looked me up and down with judgy eyes, awaiting my response.

"You probably heard about the party that Marcel is hosting later this evening." She slightly tilted her head, giving me conformation. I'm pretty sure everybody in the Quarter has heard about it by now.

"I will be going, and considering that the wolves got an invite-"

"An Invite to our death bed." My eyes narrowed at her, without much thought when she cut me off.

"Marcel has killed, and exiled our kind in the past. Divided us so we couldn't be as strong. Technically the Bayou isn't even considered apart of the Quarter, and it wasn't too long ago that he had vampires out here ready to slaughter more of my pack."

I stood there with an open mouth, because she was right.

"I know, but-"

"There are no buts. You've been playing Alpha for too long, and I'm not going to let this slide."

"It's not up to you." The deep voice caused all of our heads to turn, and I blinked when I saw Jackson. The crunching of the leaves underneath his boots was loud, as he took slow strides down the hill towards us.

"Last time I checked, I'm the Alpha of this pack. You see Nora hasn't done anything, but help us since she's gotten the power to." He said, coming to a stop once he reached the front of her house. "Vampire or not, witch or not, friends with the Mikaelsons, or not; I think you owe her some respect."

A smiled slowly formed on my face, with every word he spilled. He looked down at me, nodding his head.

"Me, Ollie, and Aiden will be there. Seven P.M. sharp." He smiled, and I nodded back at him.

"It is a party, I hope I don't find you in a flannel, and timberlands." He chuckled at the floor, and smiled at me with his teeth.

"You got it."

*note: Nora, is not Hayley, nor does she look exactly like her. Picture a mixture of Elena & Nora(from tvd), but with Nora's green eyes.