3|Next life

|third person pov|

Rochester, New York.

Coming to New York, it was as if she got a new identity, keeping the name, Nora Parker. She was rid of feeling, and her hair was well grown out now skimming the middle of her back. She didn't want to look at the things that reminded her of her old life, and what better way was there to move on, then going to the city that never sleeps. As soon as she got comfortable, she got her hair cut with some side swept bangs, and a streak of purple to compliment her green eyes.

When she was younger her mom never let her dye her hair, or get any piercing's, but now she could live by her own rules. She also took the curtesy of getting her ears pierced, which was just her jamming some baby hoops in her ears, and an extra one in her cartilage.

The streets of New York were always busy, and fortunately it was in the fall months, her favorite weather. Not too hot, and not too cold, even though November was round the corner.

"Do you have an ID?" The bouncer politely asked, and she shook her head in annoyance, staring at the man. She thought about digging into his neck and feasting on him until he was drained, but glancing back at the long line behind her, she decided not to make a scene, just this once.

"I don't need one." She said making eye contact as she slid past him, into the Lux Lounge. As soon as she stepped in, it was a change in atmosphere. People dancing, and the music was beating loud in her ears, her body started to involuntarily sway to the music.

P-P-P-Poker face, P-P-Poker face.

She loved New York, even though she knew that her stay was only temporary, she was making the most of it. It was an over-populated vervain free city, that was full of people who had poor judgement, a vampires dream. It wasn't her first time in here, in the Lux Lounge, in fact in the eight years that she's been here, it has grown to be her favorite place. She easily became a regular, and maybe made a few compellable friends.

By now, when people heard the name Nora Parker, it was a legend in itself, except for when people asked if she was related to Kai Parker, she killed them. It was insulting to her. Of course over the years, she's met other vampires, but she didn't look so plain and vanilla anymore. They usually didn't recognize her. She would party with some, and it was fun to be with people who we're just like her, but she never hung out with them for more than a year at most, before ghosting them.

Her eyes landed instantly on the bar to the left, and she took a seat at one of the bar stools. It wasn't as lively as it usually was, considering the night was still young, but it was getting crowded by the miniute. As soon as she got comfortable on the stool she heard the door open, and she could feel eyes burning in the back of her head. She didn't bother paying them any attention until the stool next to her was pulled backwards, and she froze.

She knew who it was as soon as they got close, and any patience she had in her bones was now gone.

"Nora.." The voice was so familiar, it was a part of her childhood. She couldn't stop her head from looking up, until her eyes were met with dark blue ones. Vivvian's voice was shaky as she called upon her old friend. Even she had heard the stories, and thought that a blast to the past could change her.

"Vicky?" For a split second it was as if she wasn't her, and she was just normal Nora looking at her old friend, but as the seconds went by, she snapped back into reality and she remembered what really happened, and she furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you doing here, Vivvian?" On que the bar tender came over, and she smiled at him. 

"Andy, you know the drill." When his eyes met hers, his face went blank. He grabbed a glass cup from behind the counter, and filled it halfway with bourbon. He reached into his back jean pocket, pulling out a pocket knife. Nora watched in contentment as he drug the blade across his wrist, letting the red liquid fill the glass up the rest of the way.

When she looked back at Vicky, she her face was contorted. "I see you've made yourself comfortable." Nora's face showed no traces of emotion as she brought the glass up to her lips, and kissed her teeth.

"Last time I saw your face, I told you to forget about me. Why didn't you listen?" She didn't even look at her, as she swooshed her cup around trying to mix the two liquids.

"You know we would've been a pretty unique freind group. A vampire, a werewolf, and a tribrid. You know when Eryn left New Orleans she came back to Denver, to see me."

Nora downed the rest of her drink, as he head snapped to her. "Hopefully she can come and pay you another visit, oh wait...she can't." She held eye contact, as she watched Vicky's dark blue eyes gather tears in them, mimicking the ocean.

"Y-You wouldn't, you didn't." She whispered, shaking her head.

"I did, and if you don't want to move on to the next life, I suggest you to leave." She said, puckering her lips, fake pouting, mimicking her.

Vivvian was torn, she was looking at her bestfriend but even when she looked into her eyes she saw nothing. She knew that she meant what she said, and she kept eye contact hoping that she would change her mind, as she was forced to walk out of the bar.

Nora downed the rest of her drink, before tossing the empty glass over to the bar tender. She looked down at her hands that were folded infront of her, and her eyes lingered on the ring, that still sat on the left hand of her ring finger. She's gotten questions about it in the past, and if they weren't compellable, then she claimed that it was just a bastard daylight ring.

Maybe over the years she grew paranoid, deep down she knew all of the bad things that she had done, and all it took was something to trigger an emotion, and everything would come flooding back. She didn't want to go back to feeling, and she knew that Vicky came back trying to do exactly that; stir up emotion, that just wasn't there anymore.