37|Meadow Mind

|nora's pov|

I could just barely blink my eyes.

My body felt suck and stiff, as I was left to think on the soft surface. My eyes darted around, and I felt more relaxed when I saw that I was in the art room. I starred off into one of Klaus's paintings, it was a autumn tree, not that it mattered. Wondering, and recalling everything that happened, only I couldn't remember how long ago that was.

I blinked at the warm toned room, it made me feel at home but I didn't feel good. I felt hazy, and everything seemed hazy when I saw that I still had the same exact outfit on from that day.

The room was dark besides a small lamp in the corner of the room, but an inviting darkness. My head tilted when I saw that the doors to the room were open, and the hallway was dark too, which meant that it had to be nighttime. I took the leap and decided to sit up, and my eyebrows furrowed when I could heard my bones rubbing together. I felt dryer than a desert, and my throat like sandpaper. I scooted my legs over the couch, and I tried my very best to focus my mind on the door but my eyes even had a hard time doing that.

"Motis." My dry throat retaliated back, and my body slouched over when I coughed a dry heave. I starred to my hand, and I stood up in confusion, before I closed my fist again. Nothing happened. If I can't do any magic, that means I must've dried out. I didn't have the urge to feed, not while my conscious is restless.

I killed somebody; innocent.

The same thing that happened to my mom and Peter, innocent people killed.

I felt like looking in the mirror was a bad idea, so I didn't. I looked down to make sure that I had shoes on, before I quickly walked out of the room. The compound looked so much bigger when it was empty, and everything was still.

With the lights off it was usually dark but everything seemed to be pitch black, and darker than I remembered since I didn't have heightened sight or senses. Every breath that I took felt like I was using all of my energy, but I have to talk to a somebody.

I walked all the way down the hallway, and I held onto the railing of the staircase my whole way down. They suddenly creaked when my foot dropped down off of the last step, and I looked back at them just to make sure. I put my hands in my jean jacket pockets, as I felt my hair blow behind me due to how fast I was trying to get out of there.

Out of nowhere it felt like my eyes were tearing up, and everything went bright. My first though was that I was dying, or desiccating from not feeding.

"Nora?" But then the British voice was prominent in my ears, and I knew that I've just been caught. When I whipped my head around and I saw him I felt warmer, and somewhat at ease. Safer even. "When did you wake up?"

He looked at me, like I was unbelievable.

"Just now." I could see him fine from the balcony where he stood, but he sped down to me so fast I couldn't even see if he jumped or took the stairs. My right foot took a half step back, because of the sudden movement. I could properly see him now. He stood somewhat awkwardly, no more than three feet away from me. I could tell that he was analyzing me since he didn't say anything, which only made me wish that I had looked in the mirror. 

"I..missed you." Nik had a hard time opening up, to anyone, but with me we were making some progress. I'm trying to show him that being kind, and caring about someone won't make him weak. Immediately felt happy, and I bit the corner of my lip to keep my smiled contained. When he saw my reaction, he gave me his little half smile which is the cutest thing in the world, to me. 

"I missed you, too." I blinked, and he tilted his head at me a few moments after.  

"Well, how do you feel?" He asked, taking a step closer, and I looked at the ground.