56|East St.

|third person pov|

Ringing sounded in Rebekah's ears, urging her awake.

The school was dim, but the light from outside now shone in through the shattered windows. Papers, chairs, and tables were scattered everywhere but her attention zoomed in on Nora.

She laid no more than six feet in front of her, dead.

Her eyes widened, as she looked around for help but she was the only one conscious.

"Bloody hell." She whispered, weakly army crawling over to her body.

The stake stuck out like a sore thumb, smack dab in the middle of her chest. She wrapped both of her hands around it, ripping it out in one swift motion like you would do a band-aid.

Nora's body sat straight up, as she sucked in air coming back to life.

She heaved, her shoulders quickly rising and falling and the memories came back to her.

She looked around the room at all of the people that he had bested, and then at Kol who still lay desiccated against floor.

As the grey in her skin faded away, she remained silent.

"Are you okay?" Rebekah broke the silence.

"I'm fine." She was short, as she quickly stood up and smoothed her dress out.

She was not.

She was a little ticked off that she had not only underestimated Kai, but he had bested her and five other people, while also capturing two Originals.

To her, it was ridiculous.

"You certainly don't sound it."

Rebekah's eyes followed Nora around the room, as she disregarded her words.

Instead she held her hand up to the window frame which was missing the glass and siphoned Kai's boundary spell.

She turned around, and they made eye contact. Rebekah could tell tell that something was off about her just by the way that she stood. She was fidgety like she had somewhere to be, and the look on her face--she was angry..

"Wake Kol up, would you?" Nora asked looking back at him, before rushing towards the doors.

Using her vampire speed, Rebekah swiftly cut her off. "Where the bloody hell do think you're going?" She said, releasing her grip from her shoulders.

Nora turned her head to scoff, before looking back at her. "Kai wants to kill me, Rebekah. So why don't you just stay out of my way, and let me get to him first."

She kept eye contact as she spoke, but her words only made her sister uneasy.

"Can't you just wait, that lunatic just bested you and five other people. Don't do anything stupid." She shook her head.

Nora blinked at the ground, as Rebekah sighed and turned to look at her brother. She walked towards him, but stopped once she crouched down on the floor and heard Nora start to speak again.

"You're right, I underestimated him. It won't happen again."

Rebekah's eyes widened, and she froze. "What do you-"

She began to turn around, but closed her eyes when she saw that Nora had vanished.

"Dammit." She whispered, fluttering her eyes back open.

She looked at Kol, and then at the door sighing as she reached into her pocket and grabbed her phone.

Calling the person she could think of.