61|The Fallout

|third person pov|

Storming out of the back entrance of the building, Nora stomped with her shoes in one hand and her phone in the other, angrily.

Angry, yet still one step ahead.

Clicking the unlock button on her key fob she threw herself into the car and slammed the door behind her, sighing, pressing the push to start button.

The plans that she had for tonight we're drastically different than what she was currently doing but nevertheless, whatever it took to deliver the one dying wish that her sister had always wanted, she would do.

Peering through her rearview mirror just to be sure nobody was following her, Nora scrolled through her contact list in her phone and clicked on the resents.

"Where are you?" Rebekah asked as soon as she picked up the phone.

"I--I Left. But I need you to do a favor for me." Nora blinked rapidly in response to the long pause.

"What do you mean you left, you're the one who dragged us out here and you're the only one who can deal with Kai?"

"Kai is no longer our problem, and what I'm doing now is twenty times more important. All I need for you to do is trust me, and keep Nik distracted. I'll be back in no more than an hour, and we can kiss this stupid town goodbye."

Then there was a very long pause.

"You owe me." Was all Nora heard before the line disconnected, and the undertone of annoyance in Rebekah's voice was prevalent. But a smile couldn't help but to creep up on her lips.

Only if she knew.

Nora gripped her hand on the steering wheel tight before feeling off the crowded lot.

Elena had thought that by telling Damon they could revel Nora's plan, perhaps even catch up to it when she was actually already ten steps ahead of them.

She knew that once Damon caught wind of her searching for the cure, they would keep it on lock down; maybe even move its location.

And that was Nora's one problem, she didn't know where it was. Or she didn't.

There was only one way to figure out their plan now that they were suspicious of her, and that was to get inside their heads.

During the swing lee part of the ceremony, Nora had made sure to brush up against Elena. It was only a brief passing of the shoulder, they touched for but a moment though it was all necessary.

In the short few seconds Nora was only able to see her most recent memories, but that was all she needed. She knew where the cure was, and she knew how she was going to get it.

Within no time she found herself back at the Salvatore house, but this time she was plotting. Nora parked down the street from the driveway, so Elena didn't hear her pull up, but she needed to be fast if she wanted to beat them.

With the information that she gathered from Elena's mind; she knows that Elena is here getting ready to meet Damon at a separate location where they'll exchange the cure for her to move it.

The 'Where' doesn't really matter, because Nora had full intentions to intercept their plan before they could follow it through.

Sliding her phone in her back pocket she turned it on silent to avoid getting made and didn't shut the car door either, in fear of the loud sound it would make. She left it wide open, using her stealth and speed to quickly creep up to the door without so much as a creek.