17|Everything Comes at a Price

|third person pov|

12 Days Later...

"Are you sure you can do this? If she turns it on, she's going to relive what she's done, and that comes at a price." Klaus violently stood up from his seat, and stood face to face with his brother.

"I know I can turn her humanity on, and when I do our eyes will meet, fireworks will go off, and the balance of nature will be restored. She loves me."

He chewed on the corner of his bottom lip as his body went through the now familiar tunnels, and stopped when he reached the door. Rebekah offered the pain method to turn her emotions back on, of trying to scare her, but Klaus made it known that it wouldn't have to come down to that. His eyes peered through the little window, and he slightly smiled at the sight of her. For the past week and a half he's been the one that would come down and give her the blood rations, but that didn't satisfy him. He lingered in the tunnel, and spent his nights with her like this. Even though most of the time she was unconcious, in limbo, or on the verge of drying out, it was the only way to keep him in his right mind.

He opened the door, and was surprised when her head rolled over to look at him. Her lips had lost their color, and her hair was matted. Her breaths sounded like heaves, and she lightly blinked at him.

"You never come this early.." Her voice sounded like peices of sandpaper rubbing together, and her bones felt like it everytime she moved a muscle. She's gotten used to the time that he would bring her blood ration, which solely stopped her from desicatting completley.

"I'm not here to bring you blood." He shut the door behind him, and her head rolled back over to the other side. She had so many things to say, and so many ways that she wanted to curse him, but she didn't have the energy to say them.

"Isn't it probably best to steer clear of ex's." Her eyes closed, and he watched her intently.

"We made an eternal promise, isn't that the reason you even considered beoming a vampire in the first place, for me?" Her head lifted up, and she looked at him through her eyelashes. He took a few steps closer to her, and kneeled so he was on her level. "You once told me that it felt good, to be cursed just like me." For a second he could see the flicker in her eyes, a little bit of her.

"And you told me that we were doomed from the start."

"Because, we are. We're both our own original creatures that wern't made to exist, family drama, supernatural world, and the list is never ending. But what is the point in love, if there's nothing to fight for." Her lips slightly parted, feeling indifferent.

"I think our love was toxic. I mean we look at us.." Tears brimmed his eyes. "Look what we do without eachother." She thought back to the dark magic episode, and finally waking up from it to see that Klaus was eating away from the inside without her, tearing his own city apart.

"Stop." He didn't listen to her command, instead he licked his lips.

"I have to remind you." Her eyes widened when she saw him speeding up to her, and his hands caged in on the sides of her face . On contact, her mind was blasted with memories, or that's what it seemed like to her. It was painful, pictures flashing through her head head at the speed of light, and she couldn't do anything. One finally focused in, and she was forced to watch it.

~~~

"Well I fell in love with a vampire who makes me feel alive." She watched herself in the vision, and god did she look different. "Klaus I don't care about the temporary destruction you might've, because I don't know what I would do if I thought that I lost you."

Nora's lip quivered in real life, and she watched the memories flash before her eyes again, before it focused on a specific one.

~~~

"I'm Nora Parker, and you." Her eyebrows furrowed as she watched herself from afar. She remembered it, the scenery, Celeste, the day that they first met.

"Beautiful name, Niklaus Mikealson, people call me Klaus."

~~~

"W-what is this, are these your memories?" He tapped out of her mind, and starrted deep into her eyes before tapping back in.

"There ours."

~~~

Nora looked around, and her breath got heavy when she saw herself again. It was like she was watching herself from third person point of view, and she cautiously took a few steps closer to the scene. It was her and Klaus, and they were standing outside of Rousseau's

"I told you we're watching the stars, from up there." Nora watched herself as she had an unsure expression on her face, and Klaus held her hand. She remembered this one the most.

"You really have gone mad, haven't you?" Klaus jumped on the roof, and Nora watched her old self look up at him, and shake her head.

"Your nuts Nik, I-I can't even jump half of the building."

"Love a regular vampire could jump up here, and you're the only tribrid in the world. Just jump, and push off as hard as you can." Watching herself jump up to the top, and make it was more triggering to her that it was to Klaus, because she remembered how he made her felt in that very moment. On top of the world.

~~~

She pushed him off of her and sucked in deep breaths, but it was too late.

"You don't think that I already had those memories." She gained her voice back in a second. "You don't think that I know that my bestfriend is dead, and that I killed her." It was tragic. She took a deep breath to stifel her cries, and to stop her lip from shaking so much.

"I mean h-h." She closed her mouth since she couldn't speak, and her words hitched in her thoat when they met eyes, and so did his. He saw her in there. "How am I supposed to justify that?" Her voice was a whisper when she spoke, and Klaus could only watch her fall apart on the floor in front of him. Her mind relived the moments starting from New York, and the sequence unraveled.

"No, Freya.." She was thinking out loud as the thoughts came into her head, and her hand rested over her mouth. "Wha- Rebekah, what did I say." Her hand slid down, and her fingertips wobbled against her lips as she shook, whispering the questions to nobody other than herself.

"I don't even..I don't know-no, no, no, no.." Klaus was quick to rip her chains off, and her upper body collapsed on the floor. He tried to hold her, but her body was shaking, and her mind was manic with thoughts. She stoof up with shaky legs, and Klaus copied her. She ran her hands through her hair, as she looked around the cell and reality set in.

"I dont even know how many people I've killed, how can I-" He walked closer and tried to grab one of her hands.

"Shhh, It's okay love, It's going to be okay." He was surprised when she pushed him off of her again, and she rapidly shook her head and tears spilled out of her eyes.

"No! It's not okay. It's not going to be okay." Her voice fluctuated from screams to whispers. She looked at the ceiling, before her body crumbled into a mess on the floor, but Klaus was there to pick her right back up.

"I-I mean look at me, I'm a monster." She rushed out. "I can't, I can't-" He almost couldn't watch it. Her tearing herself apart, knowing the he could've stopped it.

"Yes it is, I know it's hard right now but everyday it will get better, little by little." Her body stopped shaking, and tears just spilled out of her eyes, while her face showed no expression.

"I can't forgive myself, which means that I can't love you while It's like this..while I'm like this. I have to go." She stood up as quickly as she could, but her body jerked back when she felt his grip on her arm. She mouthed him an 'I'm sorry' and pulled her arm away from him. She opened the door, and bumped into a hard body when she tried to leave.

By the look on her face, Elijah could tell what happened and gave her a slight nod before she ran out of the tunnels, and out of the compound. For some reason she waited for his confirmation. Klaus sped out of the cell, but came to a stop when Elijah put a hand on his chest.

"Leave her."