59|One of Us

|third person pov|

"Come back to the Salvatore house, I'll explain when you get here."

Nora typed out on her touch screen, before pressing send to Rebekah.

Her mind was clouded with negative thoughts of what could be about her and her brother. If she was even able to find him; or if she should've just gone out herself to look for him.

But she pushed them to the side, to focus on the situation that was on her hands. And a mission; a mission that she was the only one on board for.

Nora cautiously followed behind Bonnie and Elena, her head swiveling as they walked right past Damon's door; the only other room she had been in in the house.

She had almost run into the back of Bonnie as they came to a harsh stop at a door on the right side of the hallway that was wide open. Elena was the first to walk in revealing Caroline who sat at a grand white vanity that was welly lit, with a curling wand in her hand.

As they all piled into the room the atmosphere got stuffy, and Caroline became hesitant with her movements.

"Hey..." Caroline trailed off beaming back and forth between Nora, and her two bestfriends.

"Caroline, Nora is joining Miss Mystic Falls and Bonnie and I thought that it would be a good idea for her to just get ready here."

Elena smiled widely, looking back at Bonnie who shook her head and looked back at Caroline who smiled and mumbled a, 'great'.

The room became filled with awkwardness fast, and Nora knew she had to do something to break the ice.

"What's that sound?" Nora's heightened hearing caught onto a thumping vibration she picked up when she became focused, but it wasn't loud at all.

"Oh, that's just my boom box sometimes it's nice to listen music while we get ready." Caroline stammered, as Nora tilted her head. "But I can turn it off if you want?"

She could feel that the girls were somewhat on edge around her, and she didn't like the feeling of people being afraid of her.

Scoffing, she smiled as her eyes circled around the room trying to spot the radio.

"More like turn it up."

She snapped her fingers in the direction of the boom box, and immediately the sound boosted seventy decibels.

"That's more like it." She smiled, as the girls giggled and smiled back at her.

"Okay now let's look at these dresses." Bonnie exclaimed, opening the wardrobe.

"Yes!" Nora clasped her hands together, getting excited. Usually, Niklaus would have gifted her with a dress in a done-up fancy box, with the most upscale shoes if they were back at home.

But getting to pick her own and being able to mix and match with the other girls, also gave her a rush of excitement.

"I called dibs on the blue dress, sorry." Caroline whispered, sneaking in-between the girls to grab it.

She walked behind the wardrobe cover, and soon came out in an elegant piece.

It wasn't a navy, but a true royal blue. It had gemstones that lined that slit that went up her left leg, and a sweetheart neckline.