28|Ex's & Oh's

|nora's pov|

I sat in the living room alone, or so I thought.

It was peaceful flipping through the grimoire, looking over all of the different variety of spells. The easy, and the hard. It wasn't so much that they were difficult, you just needed a specific level of concentration and power. 

"What's with all the witchy stuff." I looked up from the couch to see Rebekah standing in font of me, while Klaus and Elijah entered the room behind her. 

"Well, I am a witch." I said giving her the 'duh' look, and she bent down to lean in closer to me. 

"Are you cursing somebody?" She whispered, squinting her eyes like she was figuring me out or something. I scoffed, after I pushed her away. 

"Nobody's getting cursed, I'm just tried of lighting things on fire." I looked back at the book in my lap, and I heard her scoff back at me with her hand on her hip. 

"I've seen you do a lot more than just lighting things on fire." She said, while Elijah sat down in the arm chair next to me. 

"I still need to learn control." I could sense what she was doing, before she even did it. She vamp sped, and grabbed a glass vase off of the table, aiming right for my head. I watched her from the corner of my eye, as she chucked it right at me. I kept my eyes focused on the book, and the vase stopped in mid air, next to my head.  

It was something that I was working on, stopping objects without having to use much thought or control. I finally looked up, and my head turned to the sound of Klaus pouring his drink off to the side. 

"Well, I'm impressed." He said holding up his drink, but I looked back at Rebekah, tilting my head. I swiped my two fingers over in her direction. The glass flew towards her, but she ducked her head, and I missed; glass smashing against the wall behind her, and the shards bursting on the floor. She shrugged her shoulders. 

"Looks like you have control to me." I gently closed the book, and set it on the coffee table in place where the vase was, making room for her to join me on the couch. Klaus sat in the chair opposite to Elijah, but my head turned around when I heard unfamiliar footsteps, and human beating hearts in the distance.  

I watched two guys walked in the foyer, Elijah paid them no mind, but Rebekah looked just as confused as me. When Klaus stood up and set his drink on the table, I knew we were out of the loop.

"Yes, right over there." He said pointing to the left of us, and they nodded in response. Then another guy walked in carrying a much smaller fountain, a chocholate fountain.

"Is that a chocholate fountain?" I looked at him, and then back at the workers setting them up where he desired.

"Christmas is near, and what better way to celebrate than to host a dinner." He said, jointing his hands together, and I looked up at him.

"If were the hosts, than who are the guests." Rebekah's head faced me, as she tuned into the conversation, and Elijah looked up at me. 

"The De'Martels, of course." I furrowed my eyebrows at him for a second, and my mouth hung open making sure my hearing didn't fail me. I sat there, waiting for him to say 'just kidding', but the words never followed through. I stood up, just like how he was.

"You invited your ex over, for Chirstmas dinner?" He cannot be serious, is he serious? He looked at me, with his lips parted for a minute before he spoke again.

"Well, If Aroura's here, then that means Tristan's not far behind. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, my love" His lips formed a small smile, and I flopped back down on the couch lazily. "Besides, just because the De'martel's popped up, we can't let them distract us from our real existential crisis, Marcel."