49|Soul Searching

|third person pov|

The ride back home was dangerously quiet, as the people who most-likely had the most to say were unconscious in the back seat.

Rest assured, the three Mikaelsons did not leave the property line before making sure that every soul was slaughtered.

They loaded Nora and Freya in the back seats of the car, as they laid limp together with Rebekah looking over them.

Well Freya the most. Tears clouded her eyes the whole drive back home, as she stared at her. Not hearing a heart beat.

As we all know that witches are not immortal.

Her hand went to reach out to touch her blond strands of hair, but she stopped as Nora batted her eyelids and slowly woke up with nothing but a deep pain in her neck, and a secret.

Upon opening her eyes, she was met flesh with Freya's cold body and a pit of guilt.

This could have been stopped, and in her head this is all her fault.

Pulling into their garage, Klaus and Elijah exited the car with no words before the girls did.

It was a somber silence, almost a way of them paying their respects.

Elijah carried her body into the compound, with his family following closely behind him. He set her down on the couch, and they all finally looked at her in sync.

The sound of her heart beat not being there was deafening, threatening.

Nora could hear Rebekah's sniffles from behind her, and Klaus had a hard time even looking at her body.

But Nora took her time, and she stared at her with no emotion on her face which scared the two brothers.

As she had a secret that rested heavy on her conscious. She wanted to say something, but not before she found a solution to the problem in her head first.

"Nora.." Klaus said looking at her, tilting his head as he stalked closer. "Are you alright."

She had a hard time peeling her eyes from Freya's body, but she did as she fluttered her eyes blinking away any watery tears.

"She's not dead."

Was all she could mumble out, and Elijah's head turned to her at the speed of light and he took a step closer.

"What do you mean she's not dead, she doesn't have a heart beat." He said, staring at her stilly.

She almost looked at him in a stutter, scared to admit to what she did.

"Last night when I went to go save her, I found her." She blinked up to him, with more tears in her eyes but she never let one fall.

"I had her, I was so close.." She shook her head remembering the altercation. "When I got to her, she was beaten and wore out I-I fed her my blood."

Klaus's parted lips soon closed, as he turned around to look at Freya's body again. It hasn't been more than twenty-four hours.

"So she's in transition?" He questioned, but she didn't respond with a real answer.

"How long has she been--asleep?" She paused, trying to find the right word.

"Not long, thirty minutes."

"Good. Then I still have time." Nora walked off to the spell room in a huff, with determination on her mind.

Yes, Freya is in transition but she doesn't plan on leaving her like that. Freya had been a witch for centuries, and Nora knows that it was never a wish of hers to become a vampire.