40|Angels or Demons

|nora's pov|

"Okay, what do you mean something's wrong?"

Usually Klaus and Elijah confided in each other when it came to the city's plans and what not. Always coming up with the ultimate plan, to defeat thy enemy. So the fact that he was coming to me, made me nervous.

My favorite holiday is just about a week around the corner, Halloween. And I'd much rather spend my time actually celebrating it, instead of playing ghostbusters.

"It's Marcel, he's hosting a party tomorrow night."

"Yes, a party, a normal Halloween costume party. Must you jump into crippling paranoia, before he can even send out the bloody invitations?" My tilted head straightened out when Klaus stepped to the side, revealing his youngest sister. She stepped into the room, hair swaying behind her, as she plopped down on a small couch that was off to the side.

I rolled my eyes, sighing. It's been quiet for months, too many months for something just to pop up out of the blue. And I refuse to believe my luck is so bad, as soon as we find happiness it gets taken away.

I refuse.

"I-Maybe it's just a normal party Klaus-"

"That's what I wanted to believe until he invited the entire French quarter. The vampires, the witches, even the wolves. Everybody but us." Then the gears in my head started turning, at the mention of the wolves. Marcel had the wolves cursed, and exiled from the Quarter more than once. For him to just invite them seemed off.

"Ever care to think he didn't invite us, simply because he doesn't like us?" Rebekah tilted her head up us from the couch, and I shook my head.

"But he doesn't like the wolves any better." The more that I thought about it, things started making less sense. "I-I'm going to call Ollie."

Me and Oliver had grown quite close, surprisingly closer than me and Jackson. That's why when he picked up the phone, I almost let him have it.

"When were you going to tell me that you got invited?" I held the phone up to my ear as soon as I stepped out of the room, and I waited for his reply.

"Invited to where?" I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I don't have time for games Oliver. Marcel sent an invitation to damn near every supernatural creature living in the quarter." I sighed.

"Including the wolves."

"Including the wolves." I validated his statement. "Everybody except for us..me, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, hell he didn't even give one to Freya." It was silent on the line as he let the gears in his head go for a spin.

"The wolves should be the last people on the list to get an invitation, considering..." I rubbed my lips together.

Being petty was beneath Marcel. I knew we weren't getting invited just because he didn't like us. There had to be more to the story, there always is.

"The wolves are freaking. Half of them thinks that it's a death trap, and the other half are plain confused. Do you think we should play it safe?" I shook my head, switching my phone to my right ear.

"Go, but only you Jackson, and Aiden if he even feels comfortable going. This plan hits the fan, I don't want the pack to be a casualty." The Crescent Pack is not mine to lead, I never claimed to be their alpha, or attempted to act as if. I know that their loyalty for one another runs deep, and I look up to that. But I'm a wolf just as much as they are, and I'm not just going to let them get exiled and tossed to the side if I can do something about it.