43|Welcome to the New Age

|nora's pov|

"Let's get this party started." Freya mumbled, turning to the door handle.

She got shot gun.

"Woah, woah wait a minute." Rebekah said, taking the keys out of the ignition. I uncomfortably shifted to the middle console, resting my elbow on it.

"What are we waiting for?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"I don't know if I'm ready to be a witch all night." She dramatically breathed, and I rolled my eyes. We are already late.

"Rebekah-get out of the car." I sighed, and she huffed, opening the door. The butterfly wings on the car allowed the doors to open upward, and I reclined Freya's seat, so I could get out.

My boots made no sound on the gravel, compared to Freya's heels. I smoothed my skirt down, and my eyes lit up when I saw the building. It was held in the Jackson square, right smack dab in the middle. It looked like a mansion party, and I guess being fashionably late was the new style because people are still rolling in my the car load.

We walked in a trio up to the door. The extravagant Halloween decorations outside told us that we were in the right place. And it gave me that haunted house feeling.

"This robe is going to be the death of me." I looked back at Rebekah on my left, unhooking the velvet fabric from the bottom of her shoes. When I looked ahead of me, I lost my breath.

The golden double doors were being held open for us, and my eyes instantly gravitated to the silver chandelier that hung in the middle. We were right at the entrance, but I could still see the whole place in one view. Elijah was right, everybody was sticking to their own corners, and it seemed like only the girls were in costumes, and the boys stuck to black and white tuxes.

"What's the hold up." I looked at Freya on my right, before gently stepping my foot in the front door.

No boundary.

I exhaled the breath I was holding, as I turned around to face them with a smile of satisfaction.

"We're in the clear."

________

I can feel a lot of eyes on me, but confidence is key.

Me, Rebekah, and Freya all split up immediately.

My eyes couldn't stay focused, they were darting around getting a good look of everybody's faces. And there were plenty. At least over two hundred.

"Excuse me." I turned around to see a girl dressed up as an Angel.

"Sorry." She pushed passed me, but my eyes followed her, all the way over to the other side of the hall. She stopped when she reached a cluster of people, and my eyes widened when I saw my literal arch nemesis.

Davina.

She was busy having a conversation with another, but I relaxed when I spotted another familiar face. I gave Rebekah a half smile, she was doing okay, blending. Swaying from Davina.

She kept a somewhat straight face, signaling her head up to the right.

In the middle of this big room, there is a huge staircase leading straight up. Then you have to choose to either go left or right.

She spotted the third of our trio, making her way up the stairs to the vampire faction. Of course they had to be at the top.

Now where are the wolves?

"Hey!" I heard from behind me, causing goosebumps to arise on my skin, and my eyes to widen. I turned around quickly, trying not to look them directly in the face, but also attempting to get a good look at them in the semi-dim lighting.