29|Familiar Faces

|nora's pov|

Opening the doors to Rousseau's gave me a warm familiar feeling. The chime of the little bell above my head, the crowd, the smell. Nothing had changed, everything is the same. As soon as I stepped in, my worries of what happened at the compound, were gone, and the only thing on my mind was the boose.

As I neared the bar, I spotted the also familiar, jean-jacket wearing boy. I have never seen him here before, but I still took the seat next to him.

"Nora, hey." He looked up from the cup in his hand as I sat down, and I smiled at him.

"Hi." I turned my head away from him, to glance over the counter and I called over the tender.

Elijah was right, part of me feels slightly guilty for killing Cami, and I know that guilt will follow me every time that I walk in here. Instead, they replaced her. With a girl, who had jet black hair.

"Two cranberry vodka shots, please." She got to work, and I turned back to look at Jackson.

"How's everything holding up?"

"Good, there hasn't been anymore vampire attacks out in the Bayou. Either you scared them off, or the rings did." I chuckled, when he scoffed and two shots slid my way across the surface. I handed one to him, and he shrugged before taking it. We cheered, before throwing it back at the same time. He shook his head, as he set the shot glass back on the table.

"I may have a lead." He looked back up at me. "We might have a lead, a weapon that we can use to kill Marcel." When I saw his expression, I knew I had to tone it down. "But Jackson, this is just a one in a hundred, shot in the dark chance. I don't want you to tell anybody, or get any hopes up. This is..just between us." He rubbed his lips together, before he nodded.

"Yeah, your secret's safe with me." He smiled as he stood up from the seat, and my eyes followed him as he put his jacket on. "Keep me posted." I have him a single nod, and he was gone.

I rolled my eyes, as I faced the bar again, ordering another two shots. I didn't come here to get drunk, and forget about everything. I came here to get tipsy, and happy. I took the first shot, and felt the burn go down my throat moments after. I took the second on in my hand, when I saw red hair sneak up in my peripheral. They walked over, and sat down right next to me opposite of where Jackson sat, but I could tell that it wasn't Aroura.

"Rough night?" She looked at me, with a big toothy smile. It been a few years, but I remember her. Her name was just on the tip of my tongue.

"Genevieve...you don't look like you've aged a day." This was a real, scratch your head moment, because I don't remember us getting along, like ever. Between the fraction meeting incident, and the fact that she's a witch who thinks I'm an abomination. 

"With a few spells and herbs, you can slow down just about anything." She smiled, getting comfortable on the bar stool, and I smiled back at her. It wasn't a real smile though, a cautious one. She called over the tender, and ordered another two shots. She handed one over to me, and I took it, hitting the bottom of the glass on the table before throwing it back with no problem.

I kept my eyes on her, while I had the glass pressed to my lips. Her face scrunched up, and she stuck her tongue out shaking her head before putting the tiny glass back on the table, not finishing all of it. I grabbed it and drank the rest. Why waste?

"You make it look so easy." She said, resting her palm on her chest.

"With years of practice, you can become good at just about anything." I twirled the glass on the counter before sending it off the tender, and I sighed, turning my seat to properly face her. "I don't mean to rain on the friendship parade, but aren't you a part of the witches who kidnap me...religiously?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her. I watched her scoff as she licked her cherry red lips smiling at the ground, then looking at me with a straight face. Her ginger hair, so similar to Eryn's.