19|Brother's Keeper

|nora's pov|

My eyes focused in on the phone, and I was at an eternal war with myself.

Just pick the damn phone up, Nora.

I pursed my lips together, and sighed. My hands shakily reached out for it on the miniature table, but I was startled when I was interrupted. I heard one single knock on the door frame since I left the doors wide open, and I closed my eyes standing up from the small love seat. Klaus was in the shower, so I decided to come in the art room for some privacy.

"Elijah.." I stood there awkwardly, and I started to fiddle with my hands in front of my lower abdomen.

"Bad day?" I shook my head, walking back to the love seat.

"Bad decade." I made eye contact with him as I sat down, and he sucked in a sharp breath before taking a step in the room.

"I do understand, if you wish to be alone." I shook my head.

"It's probably best that I'm not alone right now." Every time I got a moment alone I found myself trying to remember every person that I killed. Which was hard, I was black out drunk most of the time. He briskly walked in, and sat down next to me. I adjusted myself to that I was sitting on top of my legs, and facing him.

"So how do you feel?"

"Lost." His head snapped to me, and I further explained. "I had plans to go to college before this, and now I feel like I don't know where I left off. And I'm not exactly the best at making decisions like this." My mind has been racing since I got the ability to feel back, and to be honest it was tiring.

"Just because you came across a bump in the road, does not mean that you have to give all of your goals up. You have to remember, you weren't yourself." I gave him a stiff nod, and genuinely took his advice under consideration, but I had something else weighing heavy on my heart.

"Elijah, remember from Eryn from when I first moved here." He immediately grew tense, and he looked downward. "Don't worry, it's not about me killing her, well it kind of is..."

"The ginger, who had the doppleganger?" I nodded.

"It wasn't just me and Eryn who were childhood friends, there were three of us. Nora the brunette, Eryn the ginger, and Vivvian, Vicky we called her, the blonde. Vivvian Montgomery was one of a kind." I had his full attention, assuming since he turned his body towards me. "I know, it sounds weird, but we were the bestest of friends throughout everything, my whole human life. After my parents died, I shut everyone out, including my friends, including Vicky." I licked my lips, and my mouth felt dry. "Me and Eryn only stayed friends because she was so persistent, and never let me fall of the deep end, no matter how many times I pushed her away. Anyways, I saw her, Vicky in New York. I told her that I killed the other third of our clan, and she would be next if I didn't leave her alone." His lips parted.

"But that's not even where the party started. When I told you guys I was leaving to see my parents in Denver, with Klaus, I went and saw her too. She reminds me of Klaus, blonde hair and blue eyes." I shook my head to myself. "I knocked on her door, and of course things got awkward when a secret barrier was in between us. I compelled her to forget that I ever even showed my face, but she's a werewolf. I didn't find out, until years later. She even told me that Eryn came to see her when we got in that fight and she left, she didn't know that was going to be the last time she saw her." I couldn't stop the tears from flowing, I felt like I was missing a huge part of my life now, and it will never be the same. Not only that I was missing out, I ruined it for my friends, I ruined it for Vicky. He glanced down, before his arm stretched out to me, and I leaned into it.