Labyrinth

Twisting his neck to the left then the right quickly until it cracked loudly, Luca slowly lumbered to his feet, brushing the dirt off of his hands as he looked around the clearing expectantly. Placing two fingers in his mouth he let out a shrill whistle, startling Nate from his meandering thoughts as he whipped his head towards the golden demon. Nadiss scrambled to his feet, anticipation plastered on his decaying face as he threw the skewered meat carelessly to the ground, stepping towards them with a light step. The putrid smell following him where ever he went.

"Is it time then Luca?" Venom dripped from rotten fangs, the ground sizzled as it scorched the earth as Nadiss moved closer.

"Almost Nadiss. Almost. We need to wait just a few more minutes to open the labyrinth gateway." Luca looked suddenly eager as he shifted from foot to foot, watching the edge of the clearing intently.

Loud snorts, followed the sound of branches cracking soon echoed throughout the small clearing as something crashed its way towards them. Nate scrambled to his feet, tucking Maya behind him as he tried to peer into the dense woods around them, his hand sliding down to the knife tucked at his side. Curling his fingers around the hilt, he leaned forward onto the balls of his feet, anticipation buzzed throughout him for whatever was headed their way. The air stilled momentarily, everyone seemed to be holding their breath before the flickers of a shadow could be seen traveling along the edge of the woods.

A moment passed and a minotaur emerged from the forest and into the light cast from the flickering flames. The creature was massive, easily towering three feet over the other minotaur that had quickly scurried to the opposite side of the clearing, as soon as the other had come into sight. A wide set of brass colored horns graced the top of the beasts head, shaggy brown fur cascaded down its chest as beady black eyes scanned the group. Luca whistled loudly, causing the beast to whip it's head in his direction, before it charged forward, sharp horns pointed directly at them.

Nate quickly drew the knife from his side, suddenly strangely eager to face the charging minotaur that was headed their way. Stepping forward he was stopped mid step by a clawed hand firmly grabbing his shoulder, pulling him back roughly so that he fell onto his backside, sprawling in heap next to Maya who was watching the scene with curiosity.

"Not so fast boy. I don't remember telling you that you could fúcking move. Now stay there and don't move a fúcking inch from that spot until I tell you to. Understood?" Luca hissed out under his breath, not taking his eyes off of the fast approaching minotaur. Nate could barely manage to nod yes.

The creature was quickly closing the distance between them, the ground trembled beneath them as it came closer.

100 yards away.....

Maya began to whimper, crawling over to him as she clutched tightly onto his arm.

75 yards....

Sweat began to drip down his face, the urge to jump to his feet was almost overwhelming.

50 yards....

The ground rumbled as the minotaur's hooved feet dug deeply into the soft earth, spraying dirt out behind it as the distance between them was quickly diminishing.

The beast pulled to a sudden stop fifteen feet away, snorting out puffs of hot, foul smelling breath as its sides heaved, trying to catch its breath. Luca started forward towards the minotaur, his step quick as he closed the remaining distance between them.

"Camro." Luca tilted his head forward in greeting, never letting his gaze wander as he did so.

"Luca." The shaggy head tilted forward as well, returning the greeting, his deep voice made the words almost unrecognizable.