Sweet Dreams

He found himself again pacing along the marble floors, black scales glowing brightly in the light from the flames that licked at the wood in the stone fireplace. Memories of a brave black haired child dominated his mind. The way she had attacked the other demon without a hint of fear sparked the curiosity within him. The pretty child who had glared defiantly up at him, despite her odds of survival, lit that curiosity into something else. Of what he wasn't quite certain yet.

In only a few months time he would be able to collect on his trade, marking her through a blood oath had ensured the deal was unbreakable for either of them. Finally he'd be able to discover what had made her so unique that he hadn't been able to crush her as he had done to so many other innocent souls. Stopping his pacing, a devious smirk graced his face as an idea came to him. Black scales began to melt into smooth skin and the demon once again found himself in human flesh. Seeing his reflection in the glass of the high vaulted window the demon licked his lips in anticipation of what was to come. Closing his eyes, the demon called upon the memory of that young girl, her image flickered across his mind.

Finding her was easy. The demon felt himself merging with her mind, entering into her dreams. The time had come to remind little Jaci of their deal.

*********************

Jaci felt herself once again traveling along that fateful path that twisted it's way through the woods. The rays of the sun warmed her face, as it peeked through the dark grey clouds, causing Jaci to sigh out in pleasure as blue began to appear as the clouds parted in the sky above. Eventually reaching a small brown boulder in the clearing she climbed up on it and say down. Stretching her long shapely legs out in front, she rested her head on both her hands and closed her eyes as a gentle warm breeze caressed her face. Soon felt herself being lulled into relaxed state, almost on the verge

A sharp crack erupted from the woods, causing her to whip her head in the direction of the noise. Violet eyes avidly scanned the tree line, noting nothing abnormal in sight as she lay her head back down. A small sigh of relief almost escaped her lips, only to get lodged in her throat as a twig snapped right inside edge of the dense woods.

RUN!!

The thought screamed loudly across her mind, her bodies natural reaction to whatever lurked just inside the woods. A flicker of movement flashed right behind a large white oak that was on the perimeter of the woods, a shadow seemed to dance just out of sight and she felt as if her heart was trying to beat its easy it of her chest it was pounding so frantically with fear. The shadow began to solidify, coming more into focus as it neared the clearing in which she sat perched atop of the boulder.

Emerging from the woods was no creature or beast, instead a well built man slowly stepped into the clearing. He was at least 6'6" in height, broad unclothed chest appeared as if it had been carved from stone, each muscle was so defined. Closing the distance between the two, the man stopped only several feet away. Remaining silent he slowly scanned his eyes over her entire body, taking on a look appreciation, and something else...

Licking her dry lips she found herself breaking the silence.

"W who are you?"

A blush crept up her face, cheeks, tinged a bright pink, as she stumbled over her words. Instead of answering her, the man reached out and gently caressed her face, slowly reaching his fingers gently along her jaw. His touch caused a spark of lust to burn through her, something she'd never felt before and didn't know how to respond. Pulling herself back, hoping to regain some of her senses by creating distance between the two, she looked intensely at him. The man's lips quickly turned into frown, appearing displeased by her moving, quickly masking his face with a saccharine smile so as to not startle her.

"Little Jaci it seems like you have grown up. I can tell my patience has paid off."

The statement caused little alarm bells to ring wildly in her mind. She felt his eyes again rake over her body, lingering over her delicate curves and stopping when he reached her violet eyes. Confusion clear on her face

"You seem to have forgotten me. I'm afraid to say I'm disappointed."

Crimson eyes glowed brighter, a sinister smirk now graced his full lips, giving him a feral look. Jaci felt herself taking a few steps back, only to have him match her movement, his long legs easily covering the distance.

Those eyes....

Jaci thought.

Where have I seen those eyes before?

Fear squeezed her chest as he closed the small distance between them. Taking her hand in his, he slowly traced his fingers along the raised edge of the scar that puckered the flesh of her palm. A dull ache spread along her hand, causing sudden realization of who, or most importantly what was holding her hand, caused her to stiffen in fear.

The demon, it's him!!

The thought echoed loudly in her mind, a small gasp escaping her lips

"I see you remember me Jaclyn."

His silken voice purred in her ear, hot breath causing tingles to erupt as it fanned along her delicate skin.

"I've come to remind you that your time to deliver on our bargain will soon come."

Jaci felt his soft lips flutter against her ear as he spoke, sending shivers down her spine.

"Soon you'll belong to me." The demons broad hands wandered down her sides, coming to rest on her small waist, the heat from his hands felt like it was scorching its way through her clothes.

Jaci suddenly found herself pulled forward, flush against his broad chest, hands pressing firmly into his chiseled abs and body began to tremble. Whether it was caused by fear she wasn't certain.

************

The demon looked down at the stunning woman pressed against him. Lust flared within him, his groin tightening as he smelt the pure scent of her. Teeth began to sharpen and elongate as he felt his human body fighting to remain in it's current form. The beast within him was fighting to escape and it wanted out bad. Grasping her silky black hair he tugged her head back so she was now looking up at him, beautiful violet eyes wide with fear.

"Mine." You belong to me Jaclyn."

Leaning in closely, he flashed her a smile full of glistening razor sharp fangs. Feeling her stiffen in his arms, he loosened the grip a bit on her hair, stroking his hand through her thick black tresses in attempt to soothe her trembling.

"I will collect what is mine and when I do I will take everything. I want your body, soul and mind." Crashing his lips to hers he claimed her as his own. Raising an eyebrow in surprise as she began to move her luscious lips against his own. She tasted like milk and honey, so pure and innocent it almost brought him to his knees. The demon within him attempted to break free even more. The darkness fought with the need to consume the light, squeezing out all that wasn't evil and tainted as his own dark soul was.

Reigning in his darkened side, the demon pulled back from her, running his forked tongue over his lips in attempt to savor the sweet flavor of her.

Mine. Not just yet, but soon she will be. Soon...

Stepping away from her he knew he'd made the right choice in sparing her mortal life. Beginning to slowly fade from the dream, his voice echoed on the gentle breeze that blew through the field.

"I will see you again on your birthday Jaclyn, only this time I will collect what is mine..."

*********************************************************************************************

A/N So what do you think of the story so far? Let me know. Vote or comment for the chapters you've enjoyed so far :)