Hunting Trip

Jaci felt herself jolt upwards, confusion flickering through her mind at the realization she was now sitting in her bed. The dream had been so real, the feeling of the demons lips upon her own caused a flutter of goosebumps to rise up across her skin. Jaci didn't know how to feel about the dream.

One part of her to want to run away in terror from the demon that wanted her, while the other part wanted to feel those firm kisses trailing over different parts of her body.

Jaci felt a flush of warmth travel over her cheeks in blush at the thought of the later. She'd never been the type to think those things. Always a free spirit, spending much of her time alone, Jaclyn had never felt the touch of a man's skin upon her own in the way the demon had touched her.
What has gotten into me?

She thought, climbing out from beneath the pile of blankets now strewn across her bed. Making her way over to the dresser, Jaci threw on a light purple t- shirt, black pants and her pair of converse shoes. Taking a moment, Jaci put her hair into a quick bun and headed out of her room. Nathan was sitting at the small wooden table, a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Morning."

She mumbled, grabbing the pot of coffee and pouring herself a cup of black liquid. Shuffling back towards Nate, a yawn escaped her lips, she sat down at the table. Raising the cup to her lips she took a sip, letting out a sigh of pleasure.

Coffee is definitely a nectar of the God's. She thought to herself.

Taking another sip, Jaci peeked over the rim of her cup at Nate. He had a slight frown on his face.

"What's wrong Nate?"

His eyes flickered up to hers, then back down. A sigh escaped his lips.

"I just don't know what in going to do when you leave Jaci. "

His statement caused Jaci to pause, her cup poised inches from her lips. Setting her cup down, Jaci reached across the table and lightly grasped his arm.

"There is still much to live for Nate, you're still young. Why not find a woman and settle down. I'm sure there are a few that catch your eye."

"Where would these woman be Jaci. I want nothing to do with the vile woman that belong in our village."

He spat out angrily, hands grasping the cup so tightly she was was certain it would shatter.

"What about Evelyn? Didn't you two go out on a few dates not too long ago?" Jaci said, remembering the young woman with bright red hair and porcelain skin.

Certainly her brother, with his strength and confidence, would have no trouble getting a woman he fancied.

"What about her?"

His black eyes sparkled with hatred and anger. Jaci pulled her hand back from his arm, shocked with the venom that coated his words.

"Why are you so angry with her Nate? What happened between you guys that there is such hatred?" She said, picking up her cup and taking another sip of hot coffee.

Nate was silent for a moment, his brow wrinkled as if he was concentrating deeply. Standing up suddenly, his chair slammed to the floor with a loud bang. Startling Jaci so that her coffee sloshed out of her cup as her hand jerked back.

Nate went over to the counter and grabbed a clean rag. Walking back he cleaned up the spilt coffee from the table, tossing the dirty rag back onto the counter and straightened the chair back up. Sitting down with a frustrated sigh, Nate raked his hands through his thick black hair, causing it to stick up.