Restless Evening

Recap

Leaning back in his chair Luca stretched his legs out in front of himself completely at ease, despite Belial shooting daggers his way.

"Well dear brother I wanted to see what was so great about your marked girl."

***********************************************************************************************

Belial tensed in his seat next to me, the air around him seemed to still as he glared at Luca, who was lounging nonchalantly in his chair. Leaning forward ever so slightly, his hands gripped the table so tightly that bits of wood crumbled to the floor, fingers digging deeply into the tables edge.

"What does it matter to you little brother, who I mark as mine or not?" Belial's eyes glowed a bright shade of crimson as his words dripped with venom.

"I didn't mean to get you upset brother, I was only trying to make conversation. Why don't we just enjoy dinner and catch up. Maybe with a drink or two?"

Spotting a petite brunette slave he tilted his head in the direction of his glass, giving her a curt nod as she held up a silver decanter his way. Scurrying over she filled his glass with a thick amber liquid, her hand shaking slightly, causing some of the drink to slosh on the table. A sharp smack resonated throughout the air as Luca backhanded the poor slave, causing her to crumple to the floor in a heap besides Jaci.

"Stupid whore. Watch what the hell you're doing or next time I won't be so nice." Luca spat at the timid girl as she scrambled to her feet, unshed tears rimmed her hazel eyes as she raced off to get something to clean up the mess.

Jaci felt herself leaning unconsciously closer to Belial as the scene before her unfolded, drawing some strange comfort from his presence. She couldn't believe that nobody had even blinked an eye at what had just occurred to the girl. Belial glanced down at her, his features softening momentarily before hardening again as he sneered over at Luca.

"Brother I need to help you find better slaves, especially if that last one was anything to judge by. Perhaps I can send you a few of my personal slaves, you know I have exceptional taste when it comes to choosing human woman. If I remember correctly you've tried out a few of mine in the past." Luca took a sip of the amber liquid, smacking his lips together loudly in appreciation of the fine drink.

"I highly doubt that your taste in is finer than mine when it comes to woman Luca, we both know that's my specially. Plus I've seen your choices in wives in the past, it's no wonder you've killed the last two." Belial eased back in his chair, throwing an arm around the back of her own, as he signaled for the slaves to begin serving dinner.

A voluptuous redhead woman walked over towards their end of the table, carrying a tray loaded with delectable foods, which caused her stomach to rumble loudly. A chuckle rang out as Luca leered at her, causing heat to flare across her face as she blushed with embarrassment.

"Sounds like my brother has been starving you marked one. Tell me does he treat you well? Take care of all of your needs?" Luca shot her a wink as he took another sip of wine, his pale blue eyes sparkled with mischief.

Jaci didn't know what to say, in all honesty she really didn't want to talk to him. Everything about him caused alarm bells to sound in her head, screaming loudly at her to keep a safe distance from him. Thankfully Belial cut in before she had a chance to answer.

"Leave the girl alone Luca, I don't need you causing any more trouble with my property." Jaci felt something inside of her break at him calling her his property. For some reason she felt as if he'd thought more of her, but apparently everything Belial had done for her was nothing more than a lie, something to lead her into a false sense of security.

"Appears like someone is a little possessive of their toys. Didn't anyone ever tell you it's not nice when you don't share with others." Luca taunted Belial, enjoying getting him riled up.

"We both know I'm not the sharing type, especially with my woman. Why don't you worry about what's yours and I'll worry about what belongs to me, I'm starting to grow bored of this topic. Tell me Luca, how long do you plan on visiting for?"

"I don't know, I guess it depends on how long I'm welcome for. I'm definitely enjoying my visit so far." Jaci stiffened as she felt a large hand slowly begin to creep up her thigh, coming to a rest only inches from her hip. Reaching down she pried Luca's hand from her, shifting over so that she was flush against Belial, who gave her a questioning look.

Shaking her head, Jaci decided it was better to not say anything to him, in all honestly wasn't worth the trouble it would cause. All she wanted to do was finish this horrible dinner and get back to her room. The dull ache in her neck signaled that she was soon going to get a headache and all of the tension in the room was just making it feel worse.

*******************************************************************************************

Thankfully the rest of the meal went relatively quick and she soon found herself following Belial back to her quarters. Her eyes becoming heavy and she couldn't help but let a loud yawn escape as she trudged behind him, practically dragging her feet along. Finally reaching the end of hallway Belial pulled out his keys and unlocked her door, opening it slowly so that she could enter. Shooting him a small smile in thanks, Jaci trudged her way past him towards the bedroom.

"Goodnight Jaclyn." The soft click of the lock sliding into place was the only thing that let her know that Belial had left her for the evening.

Quickly changing into some yoga pants and a baggy grey t-shirt, she put her hair in a messy bun and made her way to the bed. Pulling back the covers she slid onto the bed and snuggled into the thick soft blankets, exhaustion from the days events overtook her as she fell into a restless sleep.

Several hours passed and Jaci found herself quickly sitting up in bed, clutching the blankets tightly to her chest. The sound of something sharp scraping against glass caused goosebumps to erupt along her skin. Sliding her feet off of the bed, she slowly made her way to the parlor. The room was eerily quite, the only sound was her rapid breathing as looked around the room. Spotting nothing out of place she turned around to head back into the bedroom when a loud screech of glass being scratched stopped Jaci in her tracks. Whipping around she looked behind her, the sound having come from the living room next door. Fear clenched her chest tightly as her heart beat took off, thumping loudly against her ribs.

Despite her conscious screaming at her to race back to the safety of her room Jaci slowly crept across the parlor floor. Curiosity burned away some of her fear as she grabbed onto the door handle of the wooden door that separated her from the living room. Leaning her head against the door, listening for a moment. Hearing nothing she slowly turned the handle and pulled the door open.

A chill of cool air enveloped her body as she walked into the living room, causing her to shiver lightly as she looked around the empty room. A gentle breeze blew her luscious thick hair around and Jaci spotted the reason for the loud screeching noise she'd heard earlier. The French doors hung open widely, a broken branch from a small cherry blossom tree lay on the grass right outside the doorway. Racing over she pulled the branch away from the doorway and shut the french doors, letting out a small sigh as she locked the doors.

Thank God that's all the noise was. Time to go back to bed, who knows what tomorrow will bring me... The sound of a vase breaking in the back corner of the room startled Jaci from her thoughts. Fear slammed into her as she came to a horrifying realization. There was something in the room with her and she'd just locked her only way of escape.

********************************************************************************************

A/N There you go all of lovely readers a new chapter as promised :)

I hope you've enjoyed the chapter, things are about to get a little bumpy in the next few chapters. Who or what do you think is in the room with Jaci?