What Happened To You

Nate-

Nathan rushed into the room, the door barely had enough time to swing back shut before he frantically began scanning the room for any sign of Maya. The blankets lay rumpled on the bed in a mess, besides that he didn't spot any signs that any one had been in the room recently. Fear crept stealthily into his heart. What if the demon that brought him here had done more than he said and Maya was seriously injured, or worse... dead?

Drawing in a deep breath he was suddenly distracted from his frantic search as a tantalizing scent seemed to be coming from the built in closet, which was tucked neatly in the corner of the room. The temptation to march right over there was almost overwhelming. He was so very hungry again, in fact he was starving, and Nate had to fight against the urge to follow the scent to wherever it led him.

No. Not until he found Maya. Shaking his head trying to clear away the wayward thoughts he continued his search throughout the room, peeking underneath the bed and behind a set of dark blue curtains which blocked a cemented over window. Looks like Luca didn't want to chance him attempting to escape from the room. Not that he'd know where to run to if he did manage to escape from this hell hole that had become his life.

Continuing his search Nate spotted a heavy wooden door adjacent to the closet, which he'd discovered was only full of clothes and a few pairs of leather boots. Walking over to the door he reached out to open it when his hand froze just a few inches away from the knob, he could have sworn he heard a noise coming from behind the door. Leaning in he placed his ear flush against the door, listening intently for any signs of life on the other side. There it was again. A faint shuffling noise followed by the sound of something lightly scraping against the floor. That was enough to have him busting through the door.

A high pitched scream rang loudly across the room as pieces of the door burst forward into what appeared to be another small bedroom, this one less lavishly decorated that than the room he'd just come from, but that was little of his concern. Little Maya was shaking uncontrollably, her back pressed as firmly against the wall as she could manage. Trembling, with a look of pure unadulterated terror on her face, she had wrapped her small arms around her knees, pulling them as tightly as she could manage to her chest. Relief washed over his entire beingn as the realization that his young charge was safe and sound. Walking towards her Nate held his breath as he neared Maya, who's trembling became more and more violent the closer he came towards her, loud sobs wracking her entire body. The scent of fear coming off of her was so strong that it heavily permeated the around them like a thick coat, almost intoxicating as he inhaled another deep breath. Maya's fear called to him like the sirens called to sailors lost at sea, pulling him forward, the ravenous hunger urging him to move towards her faster.

**************

Jaclyn-

A dull ache at the base of her skull slowly pulled her back from the realm of dreams and into that of the reality, though she fought the pull the best that she could. In the dream she was still a little girl, before the demons destroyed her future and before the horrific loss of her parents in the house fire. She was free of any worries or cares, life was good, it was freeing. Stretching her arms lazily above her head she let out a groan as her sore and stiff muscles ached and popped in protest. Opening her eyes she scrunched her brow in confusion as her surroundings came into focus and the last remnants of sleep cleared from her mind.

Laying underneath a thick ivory colored satin blanket with a delicate gold trim around the boarder, the mattress she lay on was plush and soft and the desire to stay in bed all day was extremely tempting. Looking around her surroundings she noted that the room she was in was elaborately decorated, almost to the point of being gaudy with all of the unnecessary furnishings. At the end of the bed lay what looked like a blood red dress with intricate beading on the bodice. Trying to recall what had happened immediately before she'd fallen unconscious the only thing she was able to remember was seeing Luca in the barn back at her childhood home and following him into the woods, everything else after that was completely blank.