The Choice Is Yours

"Luca? Is that you?" Her voice came out barely above a faint whisper, unable to fully comprehend who she was seeing right now.

"The one and only." Leaning forward his face moved into the soft glow from the moonlight, a strange expression was etched onto his features as he raked his eyes down her crouching form. "Tell me Jaclyn... How did you manage to get away from my brother so easily? Usually he doesn't let his property too far out of his sight as he's always been an awfully possessive creature, even when we were growing up he tended to be rather stingy with his play things."

"That's none of your business Luca. I think the more important question is what are you doing here? Why are you at my house in the first place? You have no reason to be here." The animosity radiating from her was unmistakable.

"That's not any way to greet a long lost friend Jaclyn, and here I was hoping you'd missed me." Stepping forward he loomed over her, his head bent downwards to prevent it from brushing against the roof as he stared intently at her for a moment, pale blue eyes seeming to bore into her soul his gaze was so piercing. "To answer your question Jaclyn I came here for you."

"Me? Now I'm certain that you're speaking petty lies Luca. If I recall the last time we spoke you set your three headed hound on me so don't think I'm going to believe whatever bull you're trying to feed me, I'm not that big of a fool. What would you ever need from me that you'd come all the way out here in the middle of nowhere for? "

Scratching the back of his neck Luca looked almost remorseful as he averted his gaze to the floor momentarily before returning his vivid blue eyes back to her. "I'm sorry about that little incident earlier with Cerberus, I had never intended for you to get harmed by him, sometimes he gets more rambunctious than he should when meeting new people. In all honesty it was all meant as a distraction for my brother so that I could leave the palace unhindered, it was nothing personal. By the looks of it I'd say you survived my pet just fine and in one piece, doesn't appear like he harmed you."

"If you mean being unharmed almost killed by that thing then yes, you're absolutely right about that."

Jaci couldn't keep the sarcasm from oozing from her voice, she was done being taken for a fool by demons, she was going to take control of her destiny. Belial had abandoned her here dead for all that she knew. Still he was nowhere to be found when she called for him and she was beginning to feel like an idiot for starting to fall in love with him. Maybe she was suffering from a case of Stockholm syndrome? The trauma from losing all that she knew warped and corrupted her malleable mind into a false feeling of love, or so she tried to convince herself. All awhile Belial's deranged brother seemed to have no problem at all finding her out in the middle of nowhere, she just needed to find out what he wanted from her and soon.

"Well for whatever it's worth Jaclyn I'm glad my pet didn't make a chew toy out of you, it would have been such a waste if I don't say so myself." Leaning forward he brought his face directly level with her own, his expression was serious, completely different of his usual somewhat joking demeanor.

"I've got a little proposition for you Jaci and I'd appreciate it if you took a moment to listen to me before you make a decision about your answer, as I'm certain what I'm about to say will impact your life greatly in the near future."

"Very well I'll listen to what you have to say demon, but don't expect much more than that from me." Slowly inching her hand backwards she internally jumped for joy as her fingers brushed against the strap of her leather bag. Might as well let him tell her whatever it is he had to say, she doubted she could stop him from saying what he wanted to anyway and in the mean time hopefully she could get the necklace out of the bag. She didn't trust Luca as far as she could throw him.