Changing

Jaci nestled deeper into the warm blankets, shivering slightly as the cool air in the room lapped lightly at her exposed skin. Pulling the blanket over her shoulders she tossed over in bed, bumping into something warm on her left side. Blindly reaching out she traced her fingers slowly along the item, eyes popping open in realization that it was in fact someone's skin she was so casually caressing.

Belial was wide awake and watching her with a small smile gracing his face, making her feel immediately at ease and she returned a bright one of her own.

"Morning." A loud yawn escaped her mouth and she blushed a bright pink.

"Morning sleepy head. Someone still a little worn out from last night? If I knew you'd sleep for so long I might not have been so vigorous with last evenings escapades."

The mention of last night immediately brought her thoughts to all that they'd done and her face burned an even brighter shade of red. Glancing down at her hands she suddenly felt more shy than she should have, particularly after his hands had caressed every inch of her naked body. My God she hadn't realized that everything would have felt so good, the tingling and pooling dampness between her legs didn't help make the situation any easier for her. Sitting up she fought the urge to let out a small groan as her muscles protested loudly at the sudden movement, new aches and pain in places she didn't even know could hurt, wincing she looked over at him.

"What time is it anyway Belial? Didn't you say I've been sleeping for a while, how long have I been asleep for anyway?" Trying to change the subject she looked at him with her eyebrow quirked up in question, hoping he'd take the bait and change the subject.

"It's almost 7:30 so I'd say you've been sleeping for a little bit at the very least."

"7:30 in the morning isn't sleeping for awhile. Maybe you're just impatient to spend some more time with me, if that is the case you know you could have woken me up." The sun peeked over the horizon, lighting up the tips of the trees around the cabin and she suddenly felt energized and ready to start the day.

Belial chuckled, shaking his head no as he leaned in to sneak a small kiss on the tip of her nose. "It's actually 7:30pm, so I'd say that would be considered a while. Around 20 hours or so, give or take a few minutes."

Jaci's mouth popped open in surprise, she'd never slept that long in her life, even when she was sick as a little girl. "20 hours!! Oh my goodness I can't believe I did that, I definitely must have been tired. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"Well I didn't think you'd sleep this long, but I figured if you were so tired maybe you needed the rest. The last few days have been pretty strenuous on you." Belial didn't dare tell her that the first stage of her transformation had already begun and extreme fatigue was the beginning sign of her transition. No it was best that she noticed the other changes herself and come to him instead.

"Thank you for your consideration, but next time don't let me sleep so long. I feel like I've lost and entire day." Shaking her head at herself she stretched widely, her body objected at the sudden movement after laying still for so long and she felt as if her bones were creaking against one another.

"I'll keep that in mind for next time Jaclyn. Why don't you go get dressed and I'll throw something together real quick to eat. I know you must be famished by now, we haven't eaten since supper last evening."

Leaning down he planted a soft kiss on her lips and suddenly she wasn't in such a rush to get out of bed and start the day. There were some definite perks to staying in bed and if her stomach didn't feel like it was about to consume itself she'd probably protest his idea, but with the sudden ravenous hunger that rolled through her it was probably the smarter option of the two to get moving. Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she sucked in her breath as her feet touched the freezing cold wood floors, quickly dashing into the large heated bathroom, leaving a chuckling Belial in her wake.