They're Coming

"Nate. Nate hunny where are you at?" Nathan groaned, rubbing his hands down his face in frustration at Evelyn's shrill voice.

Ever since Jaci had been gone missing Evelyn hadn't left him alone, even going so far as to move some of her things into his house. Scurrying into the kitchen her hips swayed back and forth as she walked towards him.

"There you are Nate, I was looking all over for you. Didn't you hear me calling?"Evelyn walked over before promptly plopping herself into his lap.

Leaning in close, Evelyn tucked a leg on each side of him as she draped her arms around his neck.

"Hunny I know your sad, but I want to help make you feel better." Running a finger down his chest Evelyn moved her head so that it was resting upon his broad shoulder.

"I know you do babe, and I appreciate the thought, but in all honesty I think I need sometime by myself."

Gently lifting her from where she was perched on his lap Nate stood up before setting her down on her feet. Disappointment flashed across eyes as her face crumbled a little before a saccharine smile plastered across her face.

"That's fine baby. I need to go check on Maya anyway, she's still a little bit shook up from everything that's been going on lately." Leaning forward towards him once again Evelyn gave Nate a quick chaste kiss on his lips before heading towards the door.

"Goodbye Evelyn, thank you for everything you've done for me. I really do appreciate all of your help." Raising his hand he waved bye as she opened the front door.

"Not a problem Nate, you know I'd do anything for you." Without looking back at him Evelyn slammed the door loudly as she left.

Once the door was firmly shut Evelyn let the scowl take over her face, a spark of insanity blazing in her eyes as she strode back towards the village. Stupid prick doesn't appreciate what I've done for him or he'd never want me out of his sight. I just don't understand why he can't get the fúck over Jaci. God I hope the bitch is burning in hell with her demon lover, stupid slut. I'll make him get over her, one way or the other he will be with me.

Trudging forward she cut through the dense woods towards her house in the village. Sunlight fought it's way through the thick canopy of leaves above her, giving the woods an eerie ambiance as she continued further into the forest along the small dirt trail. A cool breeze began to blow, causing her to shiver as she rubbed her arms with her hands to warm up.

The woods were silent, the crunch of leaves and the occasional crack of twigs cracking underneath her feet as she walked was the only sound around. Evelyn let out a small hiss as she tripped over an exposed root, falling to the ground as a low hanging branch scratched across her cheek, leaving a scarlet red line as blood began to trickle from the cut.

"God damn it. This fúcking day just keeps on getting better. First that bullshit with Nate and now this crap. Anything else going to happen?" Evelyn fumed as she picked herself up from the ground, brushing the dirt off her palms before continuing onward.

The woods began to lighten up as she neared the edge of the village, the warmth from the sun caressing her face. A small sigh escaped her lips as she reached the edge of the woods, the village appearing in sight as she pushed a branch aside that was laying across the path. A loud ringing echoed loudly across the village, stopping her dead in her tracks as pure terror filled her. Men began shouting as the frantic ringing of the bell seemed to match the pace of her heartbeat.

"Seek shelter everyone! They're coming God help us all they're coming!" A burly brunette man screamed out before racing into a house.

Woman began wailing as there husbands ushered them and the children indoors. The people of her village were running around like chickens with there heads cut off, the scene in front of her complete chaos.

"Protect the woman and children, men gather whatever weapons you can and secure the perimeter." Her neighbor Gabriel loudly called out, trying to gain some control over the escalating madness around them.

Evelyn rushed towards him, desperately hoping that the incessant ringing of the bells didn't mean what she knew they were used for. Panting lightly by the time she reached Gabriel, it took her a moment to regain her breath.

"Is it true Gabriel, must we seek shelter?" Evelyn couldn't help the way her voice shook as she looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"I'm afraid so Evelyn. The demons have returned, only this isn't one demon like last time, our scouts have spotted a whole regiment of them near the hills to the west of us. It looks like they're marching this way. I'd advise you to seek shelter immediately, we don't know how long it will be until they reach the village."

Evelyn gave Gabriel a curt nod in thanks before racing off to find Maya. From the sounds of it she didn't have much time to get out of there and she didn't plan on staying in the village like a sitting duck. Running as quickly as she could Evelyn made it back to the small house she shared with Maya. Barging through the door she ran inside calling out for her little sister.

"Maya! Maya where are you?" She hoped her little sister had listened when she'd told her earlier not to leave the house.

"Evelyn?" A small terrified voice called out from the bedroom.

Opening the door to her room she spotted Maya peeking out from underneath her bed, eyes wide in terror.

"What's going on Evelyn? Why is the bell ringing?" Maya's voice trembled as big wet tears wet her lashes, streaming down her cheeks.

Evelyn knelt on the floor so that she was face to face with Maya. Reaching out she pulled her from her hiding spot under the bed and clutched her tightly to her chest in a hug.

"Maya we need to leave the village right now, some very bad things are heading this way."

"Where are we going Evi? What bad things are you talking about?"

"We're going to Nate's house for a little while Maya, we need to leave right now. I'll explain what's happening once we get there." Standing up Evelyn rushed out of the house carrying Maya in her arms as she raced towards the woods, the sound of the bell ringing relentlessly in the distance a grim reminder of what was headed their way.

*********************************************************************************************

A/N There's a little peek at what's been happening since Jaci left. It'll be revealed why the demons are coming in a few chapters, but we'll return back to Belial and Jaci next.

Did everyone have a good Halloween or did anybody dress up? My friend and I went out dressed up as little red riding hood and the big bad wolf (I was the wolf lol). Halloween happens to be one of my favorite holidays :)