Birthday Celebrations

Cold water splashed Jaci in the face, soaking the thick cotton hood that covered her head. Attempting to lift her hands she felt a moment of panic as she realized her hands were tied down at her sides with heavy chains.

"Time to wake up bitch." Jaci heard a familiar voice say, followed by a hard slap to her cheek causing her face to burn.

Please it can't be her. Anybody but her. What would Nate think if he knew? Oh God, where is Nate at, I hope he's ok....

Her thoughts were interrupted as the heavy hood was roughly pulled back from her head. Blinking several times she attempted to clear the fuzziness from her vision, Jaci stared in horror at the room around her, eyes wide in terror. The floor was nothing more than dirt, appearing as if she was in some type of root cellar. Hanging on the walls behind the three people in the room were various razor sharp knives and tools. Several leather whips lay on a small wooden table, heavy metal chains lay in a pile next to them.

Standing in front of the group was none other than Evelyn, wearing a look of triumph as she glared down at Jaci tied to the chair.

"Looks like the little birthday girl enjoyed her cake. Did you like the little extra ingredient I added, really helps a gal get some sleep." Evelyn grabbed a handful of her thick hair, yanking her head back so that her neck arched painfully. Jaci couldn't help the small whimper that escaped her throat, tears fighting not to escape. "Oh looks like poor thing can't answer since she's all tied up, maybe we can help that." Evelyn turned around and walked over to the wall. Reaching up she grabbed one of the knives, it's silver blade flashing as she picked it up.

Evelyn walked slowly back to Jaci, coming to a stop only inches in front of her. Slowly she began to run the blade down Jaci's cheek, leaving a shallow cut as she trailed it to the rope that was tying the cloth gag in place. Quickly flicking the knife cutting the rope, Evelyn freed Jaci from the gag.

"Why are you doing this Evelyn? I don't know what I've done to..." Jaci was unable able to finish as one of the men from the group slapped her hard across the face. Blood pooled in her mouth from the cut caused by her biting down hard on her tongue as she was hit.

"Shut your mouth whore. I don't remember you being given permission to speak." The blond man said, grabbing her chin in a bruising grip. "Next time you decide to bring a curse upon us, you better think twice bitch. Well I doubt there will be another time for you to be able to do that." Grinning he gestured to the other man, who grabbed one of the long metal chains from the table.

Leaning over Jaci he unlocked the clasp that held her shackles tied down to the chair. Yanking her forward, Jaci stumbled upwards as she fought to stand on wobbly legs. The blond man clasped her shackles to the chain, tossing the other end over a beam that hung from the ceiling. Giving the chain a rough pull Jaci felt her feet drag across the dirty floor until she was standing directly under the beam. The two men continued to pull on the chain until she felt her feet leave the ground, causing her to dangle in the air, the shackles digging roughly into her wrists.

Tying off the chain, the man that had slapped her walked over to table and picked up one of the leather whips. He ran the whip through his fingers, as if testing it's strength. Appearing satisfied with his choice, he walked back over to her.

"What would you like do to her first Mike?" Evelyn said as she sauntered over to them.

"I was thinking we could give her a little taste of this." Mike said as he held up the whip.

"Oooh how many lashes should we give her." Evelyn said, glee evident on her face.

"I was thinking 18, in celebration of her birthday, would be perfect. We wouldn't want her missing out on her birthday spankings now would we?" He flicked the whip, which ripped through Jaci's thin t- shirt, leaving a long welt across her back. Jaci held back a scream, not wanting to give them the satisfaction of hearing her in pain.

"Hold on Mike, I think her clothes are getting in the way, why don't we fix that." Evelyn said as she began to cut away Jaclyn's clothes, leaving her bare as the day she was born.

"That's much better." Evelyn grinned as she stepped out of Mike's way, gesturing for him to continue.

The crack of the whip could barely be heard over her screams as Mike rained hit after hit of the whip upon the once smooth skin of her back. Long gashes now marred her back, blood trickling onto the floor as it ran down her dangling body. Reaching 18 lashes Mike gathered the whip together and placed it back onto the table.

Jaci whimpered in pain, hoping that someone would stop the torture. "Please stop this Evelyn, I thought you were trying to work things out with Nate. He'll never forgive you for doing this to us. If you stop this I promise I won't say anything to him, we can forget about all of this." Jaci pleaded, hoping to appeal to Evelyn somehow.

"I'm afraid that won't be happening, I want this just as much of the others. You're not so tough now slut, no longer Mrs. high and mighty one without having someone to back you up. Well it's my time to shine now. Nate won't even want to remember you by the time we're done with you." Evelyn taunted her, a hint of madness touching her eyes.

"What have you done to Nate Evelyn? He hasn't done anything wrong, please let him go." Jaci gasped out, it hurt to even talk.

"Oh you don't need to worry about him. Shall I tell you a little secret Jaci?" Evelyn leaned in so that she was thought next. "He thinks the demon took you, the stupid boy. Don't worry though I'll make sure to be there to help him get over the loss of his beloved sister." Evelyn winked coyly at her.

Tears of hopelessness filled her eyes, Jaci couldn't understand what she had done to deserve this. She only wished that she'd been able to say goodbye to Nate.

***************************

The demon felt himself tense as a quick image flashed through his mind. His Jaci was hanging by a set of chains from the ceiling, her previously flawless porcelain skin laid in tatters across her back. Rage burned through him, consuming him with the urge to kill those who had done that to her. How dare someone lay a hand on what was his. The clock on the mantle read 11:56 and the demon felt the call of her blood growing stronger as the minute hand slowly ticked closer the midnight and her 18th birthday.

I'll be coming for you soon Jaclyn and when I do I promise they will pay for this.

*************************

A/N So what do you guys think of Evelyn's part in this all? I wonder if Nate will figure out her part in this all or do you think he'll blame the black demon? Btw if anyone would like to make a cover for this story I'd love to see it. I won't be able to update till early next week, I'm going be putting in a lot of hours in at work this weekend :(